Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

Help. I am really worried for my parents as they have been

Customer Question

Help. I am really worried for my parents as they have been struggling and almost at a point of financial ruin. They have built their own house in France and have tried to sell the property. They got to the point of the first signing of the agreement where both parties signed. The deposit and the rest of the funds where transferred to the Notaire. On the day of the 2nd signing, the buyer did not come to sign and my parents later found out that the buyer no longer wanted to proceed. 6 mths past with various correspondence from both parties to try resolve the situation to no avail. Another couple of mths passed and my parents have found out that the buyer has demanded and received his 90% but the Notaire has kept hold of the deposit (10%). All this without notifying them. My parents are also having problems with their solicitor who is not forthcoming with information about where they stand in retrieving their 10% deposit and being able to proceed in selling the property. He has also charged them £1,000 for the privilege of confusing them. help please

Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you can cancel the question, and the payment please. thankyou