Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

laws relating to renting/taxes on non-permanent structures

Customer Question

What is the length of time one can rent a place in france without becoming part of the system etc, i.e. as if you were on an extended holiday. I wish to rent for 6 months to a year as an experiment to see if living in france is good idea etc. Also, How long before I have to register my car and get french car tax, insurance etc etc? Also have question about best way to buy land in france without incurring problems with access, joint ownership issues and other complications which I have heard can crop up? Also, what are the rules about buying some land and creating a retreat with yurts and small cabins etc considered non- permanent housing etc? I especially would like to know rules regarding taxes in relation to what is considered non-permanentbuildings and what type of buildings come under these rules. Presuming rules are different for this type of structure. If you have a regular stone house on your land and then install non permanent  structures like yurts etc, how does this affect taxes etc. If you buy land in france is it simple to get a telephone line installed and electric etc. Is it necessary to actually have an existing structure on the land before they will give you a telephone line for example? many thanks

Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,