Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

i have a french ski appartment that i have owned for 8 yearsi

Customer Question

i have a french ski appartment that i have owned for 8 years
i have realised that the little income that i have had from rentals will have some tax owing on it
british tax people say i should pay tax in france
can't fathom out the french system - little french spoken
understand that although the sums are small...there may be fines
looking to sell the appt now
agency in france have offered me net price that seems poor
any help?
nick pullan
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
On top of local rates, as a non resident of France, you should pay according to art164 of CGI a 20% tax (plus 15.5% social contributions) on the yearly rental value of the apartment (whether you rent it or not...) You should file yearly tax returns with the local Service des impôts des particuliers. If you have not done so, you incur a 10% fine plus interest. This amount of tax (not social contributions) is deductible form your UK income tax.