Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

HelloI have inherited a property in France in the Dordogne

Customer Question

Hello I have inherited a property in France in the Dordogne along with my brother and sister which we are now trying to sell for a reduced price of euros 180,000. The agents fees are euros 15,000. The agent has told me the law in France is that you don't need a notaire for selling properties and this is covered by his fee and he does the paperwork. Please could you tell me if this is correct. My brother has now told me that his daughter wishes to purchase the property as an investment subject to getting a commericial mortgage and a full structural survey done and he does not want to go through the agent. Would we need to obtain a notaire in this situation and would you know the approximate cost? Do you also know what is the French law in respect of buying or selling to other family members. Many thanks for your advice

Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,