Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My husband lived and worked in France .He then returned to

Customer Question

My husband lived and worked in France .He then returned to retire in Uk. We are both UK born.He has recently died. We were seperated.He had both our names on his French bank account,although I never had occasion to use it.He did not leave a will but always told me that as my name was on the account, there would not be a problem. However they have frozen the account and as i do not speak French, told my french speaking friend that i need to get a solicitor etc and supply a will, when he did not make one?! I sent them death certificate, copies of both passports etc, and they did not reply. On my friend enquiring they said they had sent 2 letters neither of which i have recieved. They also said there would be no point in my coming to see them in France as they are an internet bank and dont have offices? Seems odd as my husband, at nearly 78 years old had no idea how to use a computer?

Please advise how I should proceed with this.

Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I will wait a little longer.

But would appreciate being updated on progress.

If it helps , the most relevant points are

1.French banking law on death of a spouse

2.What rights I have being a joint account holder

3.How to get them to communicate with me!

,
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,