Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

I own the fencing in my garden. Is it against the law

Customer Question

I own the fencing in my garden. Is it against the law for my neighbour to make another fence close to mine or tie a fence to mine.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
The answer to your question will depend on whether your own fence is on your land or just on the boundary between both property. In the first case the neighbor cannot tie a fence to yours but can erect another close to yours on his property on the boundary. In the second case he can do either, provided it does not unnecessarily alter your fence.