Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

Father born in La Rochelle, France in 1928, and residing in

Customer Question

Father born in La Rochelle, France in 1928, and residing in Bristol, uk since 1940, Died recently, we are now faced with trying to find a French Solicitor who deals with French Inheritance Laws
Survived by Wife and 3 children.
Eldest Child now retired in Spain.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Your father was a British resident when he died. Unless he owned real estate in France at the time of his death, his estate is to be dealt with under English law.If he owned real estate in France, you will need to contact a notaire in France to deal with it, once the estate has been dealt with under English law. One would suggest you contact a notaire whose law offices are close to where the real estate is located.