Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My partner has a small company, no employees as he

Customer Question

My partner has a small company, no employees for now as he recently opened it and is trying to get freelance projects to get his colleagues to work together. He told me the French law on taxes for small enterprises has changed couple of months ago and that no he is obliged to pay 50 000 euros in axes even thou the company has barely any revenue and it is recently opened? I dont understand is this possible? and if yes, what he is supposed to do if he cant pay this amount? is he going to jail? or ho the government will oblige him to pay other than putting him in prison? what are his options in paying this? he is not a french citizen but he has been working in france for the last years and has his residence.
Please clarify this for me as I need to understand what is exactly going on in order to be able to help him.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Depending on the status he chose fro his small company he may have to pay an advance on social contributions, not taxes, of about 20-35 K€. If he does not pay, the URSSAF or RSI, will issue collection actions which indeed may result in the liquidation of the business, the seizure of personal assets, and criminal prosecutions. However the likelihood of ending in prison on this count is slim unless it can be proved that he took deliberate action to avoid paying these contributions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much for your help. i m satisfied with your answer