Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

I recently had a breakdown of my vehicle in France where having

Customer Question

I recently had a breakdown of my vehicle in France where having discussed a repair/costs with the garage I was towed to and received an outline cost on a scrap of paper (no breakdown of costs to inform my decision making). I was asked by Green Flag (Europen breakdown) if I wished to proceed with the repair. Evidently I did as there is a voice recording of my conversation. Having been placed in overnight accommodation I spoke with a trusted UK garage to seek a comparative quote and received far more favourable terms for the repair. As a consequence I then duly sought to have my vehicle repatriated to the UK, which Green Flag agreed to do. The garage was informed of my intended change of heart first thing in the morning by Green FLag without there having been any repair works undertaken, or for that matter my vehicle seeing the inside of the garage workshop. The garage informed Green Flag that a part had been ordered from Opel but that they would seek a return of the part and that albeit disappointed there would be no charge to either myself or Green Flag. However, to my surprise having been informed of this y Green Flag, two days subsequent to this exchange which I understand is also recorded, I receive a call from Green Flag to say that the garage proprietor is now not prepared to release my vehicle until the sum of 3500euros is paid for the parts as apparently he is unable to return them despite his original intention to do so! Accepting that I am seeking advice in matters pertinent to French Law, have I any grounds to complain or am I faced with a hefty bill? I have sought through OPEL in France/Germany details as to their returns policy, yet I gather the purchase of parts was made through a third party!!!! As it stand now I am in the UK yet my car still languishes on a French garage forecourt! I want to resolve as speddily as one can to be reunited with my car and its contents. Any advice gratefully received even if its that I have to open my cheque book, it's just I feel somewhat ransomed at the moment and unable to think as what best to do! Thank you
Category: French Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nicola,

Good evening.

Clearly not an easy question? I am content for now as I shall be back in France next week. so would be grateful if you are able to ciontinue with your search.

AWB

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nicola,

If the matter is proving a tad problematic, then I would be grateful

if you could provide me with a refund therefore.

Kind regards.

XXXXXX