Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

There,My aunt and uncle are trying to start legal proceedings

Customer Question

Hi there,
My aunt and uncle are trying to start legal proceedings against my mother.
Their reason for this is because they are accusing her of taking advantage of my grandfather's money. She moved to France to care for him and my grandmother 2 years ago. My uncle has been over my grandfather's French bank account since mum has been there and has deemed the spending to be excessive.
He has asked for access to my grandfather's british bank account but my mother has declined to give him access.
My uncle has said they are getting an independent body to investigate. I dont know who they could be referring to.
Fundamentally their angle is that mum knew that my grandfather was not in right mind and has profited from that. Even though the family doctor, the family solicitor and the bank manager in france all agree that my grandfather is in full use of all of his faculties.
What I'd like to know is what would they have to prove in order to take a case like this to court and win? Since it is all conjecture and their subjective view, plus the views of the family doctor etc. at what point would their aggressive communication because either vexatious or harassment?
I hope this makes sense and someone can help.
A.
Category: French Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 7 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Just for clarity - your grandfather is permanently resident in France is that correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, he is a British national but resides in France.
Then any action that they take would need to be taken in France.I shall transfer this matter to the french section and opt out!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thank you - will my answer be picked up by someone there or is there anything I need to do?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can wait thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, I'm a bit concerned that this is the second time that I've had a question regarding French law and the second time there's been a problem finding someone to answer it. The fact that it is advertised quite clearly and prominently in the drop down menu assumes that it's an area that is well catered for. If you feel that you will be able to find someone to help, that would be appreciated otherwise by all means close the question. Amir