Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as judge at Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My Begium wife and I were married in Scotland 2010. We have

Customer Question

Good morning
I am Scottish, my Begium wife and I were married in Scotland 2010. We have lived in France for 4 years and I pay French taxes. If we divorce does our estate automatically get divided in half? Also if one of us dies does our estate (house, savings, ) automatically go to the living partner? We have been to see a French Lawyer trying to organise our wills and there appears to be quite a lot of confusion between English and Scottish Law. Your advice would be greatly appreciated
Regards ***** *****
Category: French Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Where are you both living now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In France
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** allocate to French law category and opt out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you arrange to call me later in the day. I have business to attend to first. Could phone you when I am free to talk?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will wait patiently for your reply Kind regards ***** *****