Ashik
Ashik, GameSystem Tech
Experience:  Experience with most of all Game Systems
16433418

I have brought a second hand xbox off ebay, have found the

Customer Question

I have brought a second hand xbox off ebay, have found the parental lock in on and the preious owner says he has forgot the password XXXXX number. how do i unlock, remove the parental lock thanks you Lee
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lee. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to reset the Xbox 360 to factory settings. That is your only way to reset the parential lock.

There is a hidden method to reset the Xbox to factory settings. Go to System Settings, select Console Settings, select System Info. Now hit the following buttons in order (special codes):

Left trigger (LT)
Right trigger (RT)
X
Y
LB
RB
Left on Dpad
Up on Dpad
Right on Dpad
X

If those didn't work, then try the following sequences.

LT RT X Y LB RB Down Y Up Down Down Down Down Down

LT RT X Y LB RB Up Y Y X

LT RT X Y LB RB Up LB LB X

Any one of the above sequence will work (You have to press them one by one). Please let me know if that doesn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which is the Dpad on controls, sorry its my sons xbox , i dont play and hes not here

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, the one on the bottom left. See picture below;

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I need to press the green button once I have high lighted the system info and then put the code in quick as i can. I have tried it twice in that way but nothing has happened

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Just go to System Settings, select Console Settings, select System Info. The in that screen, only press the buttons. No, don't press the green button. Press the buttons as fast as you can. And did you tried all the four sequences (or methods)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I moved the highlighter down the list to system info, then pressed the green button to open and then tried the sequences. is that right, if so I will go try again

thanks

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
By green did you meant the "A" button ? If so, yes you need to press the "A" button after selecting System Info and then enter the codes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Before resetting, make sure there is no disc in the drive.

Try this sequence also : LT RT X Y LB RB Y Up Left Up
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Lee, if you are still unable to reset it, then you have to contact Xbox Support directly and they will give you the correct key strokes or sequences to reset. You can contact Xbox Support from here : http://support.xbox.com/en-in/contact-us#1:14

The procedure to reset it is same. Some models of Xbox have different key codes to reset and only Microsoft know the correct codes for those models. The ones I sent to you should work for most of all models.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried with the memory block out but still nothing, what should happen when you enter the code

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Lee. It will bring the option to reset it to factory settings. Did you contact Xbox Support for new code ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No not yet do you have the number please
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lee, Yes. Here it is : 000-800-440-1179

BTW Did you tried all the sequences I sent you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi it's all done, the number to ring from UK is 0844 800 2400
The number you gave me did not connect.
The sequence was for you info

LT
RT
X
Y
LB
RB
A
A
Down
Y

I should have rang in first place would have saved me £28:00
Thanks for your help anywaus
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I thought you're from US. Most of the clients in here are from US

Lee, the sequence I sent you is for most of all consoles. Only some models have different sequence. It seems like your Xbox is one of those. But the procedure is same and I'm glad you got it reset. Note down those sequence, it may help you in the future.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Lee, do you have any questions or need any help Lee ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No that's it thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome :)

Don't forget to rate me OK or Good or Excellent Service, then only JustAnswer give me credit for helping you.

Best Regrds,
Ashik