Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Game Systems Engineer
32989067

My 360 keeps asking reconnect controller during play

Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Has this just started occuring? and is it only happening for one game?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This problem happens on both my controllers whilst playing games my console requests reconnect controller it does the frequently I have disconnected and reconnected but the problem persists help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John,

to check, have you put in new batteries into the controllers?

Does it disconnect with new batteries? As low batteries are the most common cause for this.

Or if you have a battery back, have you charged it to full on both controllers?

Let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done all that
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you using a battery pack, or batteries John?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I use one cordless and one wired both have the same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

If it is with a wired controller as well, then the issue is the console and we need to start with a reset of it.

It will return the device to new, but we cannot avoid this.

To do this, Go to Storage > Hard drive > Press Y instead of A on Hard Drive > Format.

Let this complete, then when it has, test and tell me please if the controllers are still disconnecting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hasn't solved the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John

It is the communication module on the mainboard of the Box that is used for the controllers that is faulting.

We have rule out the firmware just now, which confirms it is a hardware failure that is occurring, and is this module that resides on the mainboard.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the xbox to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok Richie me thanks for the info an address to send it back to would be helpfully john
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Of course John

where did you purchase it from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Argos
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you take it into the store John, they handle the replacement there, they have no send in address, so just go back to any of their stores to have it replaced.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Game Systems Engineer