Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Game Systems Engineer
32989067

I bought a play station 4 almost two years ago yesterday

Hi I bought a play station 4 almost two years ago yesterday I was playing it and all of a sudden it quit playing the game. Now it wont play any games. Is there a reset button or something I can do to fix this?
Category: Game Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it still turning on? And can you access the menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it does

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And what exactly happens when you try to play a game?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says there are no games loaded

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We will then have to attempt a reset Sandy
Select [Initialization] > [Restore Default Settings], and then follow the screens.
Let this complete and when it has, tell me if it now plays games.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where do I find Initialization

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Watch this video Sandy and it will show you the complete process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFsQBgw5eGw
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richie, now it wont even take a game in to try and load it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sandy, it confirms the problem as hardware as we removed all software issues that can cause this
It is the internal mainbaord on the PS4 that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out now.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the PS4 to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I find out if it is under warranty still and where to send it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You return it to the place you purchased it from and they can then check this for you based on the serial number. Else you will get charged for a repair which will still be cheaper then a new one.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Game Systems Engineer