Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience:  Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
70223666

Hi team.I am in need of some advice on how to find my father

Customer Question

Hi team. I am in need of some advice on how to find my father who I have not seen since I was nine years old. I am forty nine now I and the only information I have is his name that appears on my birth certificate. I was told that he could be traced using his national insurance number.Is there a legal way to obtain that? I have tried looking using the on line census and birth\death records with no joy. How do I start. My Fathers name is*****  he is of Caribbean decent and was born in Jamaica around 1930s

Thank you George Barnett

Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Brendan Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello George,
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today. Where in the UK were you born?
Brendan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brendan

Thank you for your response.

I was born in Birmingham on 3rd December 1964

Hello George,
Earl Barnett is a very unusual name in the UK, I have located a death record for a man with that name, born 1926. In the 2002 electoral list he was living with a Gladys Barnett. There are a few more Earl's living in England, none match his age profile. His address 2002 was Salford, Lancashire.
England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005 about George M Barnett
Name: George M Barnett
Mother's Maiden Surname: Taylor
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1965
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire, Worcestershire
Volume Number: 9c
Page Number: 558
England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007 about Earl Barnett
Name: Earl Barnett
Birth Date: 8 Nov 1926
Date of Registration: Oct 2004
Age at Death: 77
Registration district: Salford
Inferred County: Lancashire
Register Number: TC76
District and Subdistrict: 011/1C
Entry Number: 30
Brendan
Brendan Joseph, Consultant
Experience: Brendan has worked as an expert for Ancestry.com specialising in Irish / British/ Canadian / Australia/ American research.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brendan

Thanks for the information

Before I give you the 5 rating, can I stretch you to search the possibility that Earl could have emigrated to the US or Canada at some point?

George

Hi George,
I will check the passenger records, it would have to be after 1965.
Brendan
Hi George,
I see where you are coming from. there is an Earl Augustus recorded in Florida, that Earl is recorded living in Niceville Florida 1960, he is not your Earl.
Brendan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brendan

Thank you for that information. I will rate you now.

George Smile

Hello George,

Thank you very much for your very kind rating.

Brendan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brendan

How do I get solid evidence that my father is either dead or alive. If he is dead then a deaf certificate or if he is alive then an address possibly.

Pretty much like on the channel four show long lost families.

He could be living outside the UK such as Canada or the US and if so then will he have had to still use his national insurance details to claim things as he must be a British citizen.

With the full name of Earl Augustus Barnett should there be a way to track passport details cumming in and out of the UK?

I don't feel that I have got anywhere. I am 49 years old and still looking for the answer

George.