HistoryGeek
HistoryGeek, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have a BA in History and a love of all things Genealogy.
69542077

I was born 1938.

Customer Question

I was born 1938. My father, who I never knew, would not marry my mother. Sheffield court ordered him to pay child support of 7/8p per week until I left school. He did most weeks. I am trying to trace any relatives. I know his name and his approximate age. Can I get these details from the court proceedings?

My father's name was Johnny Moore, and he was born around 1916,

He lived in Attercliffe, Sheffield

Category: Genealogy
Expert:  Shirley replied 2 years ago.
Shirley :

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to locate an answer to your question. Please allow me some time to do the research and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Shirley :

Shirley :

I would definitely check the court records. If they don't contain the exact information you are seeking,they may mention other relatives. If you want me to do some digging for you, I will need your mother's name and date of birth. Your name could be helpful also. Thank you, Shirley

JACUSTOMER-94ld5vo1- :

My mother's name was Beatrice Walmsley, and she was born 30 May (I think) 1918

JACUSTOMER-94ld5vo1- :

My name was William Michael Walmsley, but I always the surname Allen, and in 1961 had my birth certificate amended accordingly.

JACUSTOMER-94ld5vo1- :

My name was William Michael Walmsley, but I always used the surname Allen, and in 1961 had my birth certificate amended accordingly.

JACUSTOMER-94ld5vo1- :
1/19/15 12:10 PM

Shirley :

Shirley :

I am terribly sorry for taking so much time. I am going to have to opt out of this question and let another expert help you. There is no additional charge. Thank you, Shirley