bookreader14
bookreader14, Librarian
Experience:  Librarian with extensive reference work experience.
70955467
Type Your Question Here...

How legitimate is Google Checkout? Is this email address for

Customer Question

How legitimate is Google Checkout? Is this email address for them correct [email protected] Can anyone give me any info on it?
Category: General
Expert:  bookreader14 replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with over 10 yrs. years of experience. I'd be happy to help you. I can't see the email address that you posted for Google check out but the service is now part of something called Google wallet. This is from Google's website:
Google Wallet is a faster, more secure way to buy from stores across the web using a single username and password. Use it once and stop creating new accounts every time you buy.

Google Checkout is now part of Google Wallet, which gives you one wallet for both online and in-store shopping.

You have to sign up for the program with Google themselves and according to Google all your credit and debit cards are stored on highly secure Google servers and you can use them on your phone or computer.
You can direct any questions that you have about the service to the Google website. Look for the FAQ section. You can start here. http://support.google.com/checkout/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=134420
If you have any questions as to the legitimacy of the site that you are on then do not use it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am buying a car through google checkout. I have never registered. The seller is registered and I receive emails from them on this email address regarding payment G00GLE -CHECKOUT @ MSGSERVER .COM. I have had to add spaces do that it hopefully shows up.
If the seller is asking you for payment by sending it to them via email then it may not be legitimate. Depending on how the merchant is asking for payment, you should see something like this https://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate.html
According to Google, these are the ways that merchants can collect payment. If you don't see something that looks like what is displayed on the those pages then the seller may not be legitimate.