Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How can I get her to talk to me again shes very determined

Customer Question

How can I get her to talk to me again shes very determined wouldn't speak for 20 months last fall out I am really starting to dislike her head in the sand attitude to any sort of upset its like she punishing me by silence her fathers exactly the same and I hate this.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Why don't you try sending her a good, old fashioned written letter, telling her how you feel about this silence and that it's not right for a mother and daughter not to communicate. Don't bring up anything painful from the past; that can be done later, when you speak in person, but let her know that she's your daughter and you lover her and it's not right that you're not speaking. Don't mention anything about her father, but just concentrate on the relationship between you and her and tell her that it's important for the two of you to clear the air like two mature adults.

Try this, and see what her reaction is. Also, don't put anything really 'specific' or personal in the letter, just in case she shows it to her father or anyone else. Just emphasize how important it is for you to speak in person, soon.

I hope everything works out well.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.

Hi again, Philippa.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.

If you need any additional information or have further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will answer as soon as possible.

I hope you found the information in my answer helpful and if so, please let me know.

I appreciate the opportunity to be of help to you and thank you for entrusting your question to me!

Best wishes,

Cher