Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946
Type Your Question Here...

if your boyfriend is cheating what should you do about it?

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cancel

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will go ahead and close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

Thank you for you relisting your question. I will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Dear friend,

I believe that I can help you.

This person is not much of a boyfriend. You are not really his girlfriend, but rather one of the women he has relations with. He is also putting you at risk for any sexually transmitted diseases that he may have acquired, and you don't want this to happen to you. Some diseases NEVER go away.

You would do much better with a man who cares so much for you that he will not deceive you, lie to you, and put you at risk.

You can put up with this behaviour but in the long run you will regret it. There are no good long-term prospects with a cheater and you would be best to ease out of this relationship no matter how much you care for him.

I wish I could tell you that this will work out, but cheaters have a tendency to continue doing what they do, and in the end you will not be able to bear it. Now is the best time to break things off.

He may protest a great deal and make you all kinds of promises, but you should be very wary of him for he has already shown that he cannot be trusted.

I wish you great success, strength, and courage, and to this end I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC