Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

for cher onlyAre there any tribes around the world that still

Customer Question

`for cher only`Are there any tribes around the world that still peform canabilsm .I know it is concidered illegal but does it still happen in some out of the way places?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Hi again, Ewan and thanks for requesting me to answer your question.

Recently, cannibalism has been practiced and severely condemned in Liberia and the Congo, in Africa. A tribe called the Korowai were one of the very few tribes still believed to be cannibalistic as a practice of their culture. Also, it is still known to be practiced in war and ritual in various Melanesian tribes. there have also been recent cases of cannibalism in South America.

There are still several tribes in Papua, New Guinea which practice cannibalism and you can read more about them HERE

I hope this helped!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow , thats interesting to know , I had thought that it had been pretty much stopped. So if this guy was out exploring and was caught by a tribe of cannibals how would they deal with him.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks for your reply.

Yes, the practice is still considered illegal and taboo, but in these remote areas of the world, it is still practiced.

From my research, most cannibals eat the flesh of humans raw, but some will cook it in boiling water or over a fire. With this guy in the picture, they would remove his clothing and start eating the flesh off the bones.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see ,was not sure if they cooked or eat the person raw, how would they remove what the guy is wearing and what they do with it then.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

They would remove the clothing and either rip up the material and use it for other purposes or they would burn it. It most likely would not interest them in any other way.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

Thank you very much for your excellent rating and most generous bonus; I truly appreciate them.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you are welcome.