Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

where in The New Testament does Jesus Christ say "Knock,and

where in The New Testament does Jesus Christ say "Knock,and the door shall be opened unto you,Seek,and ye shall find"?Thankyou.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Matthew 7.7 has this saying but below has a good link to information on where it can be found in various versions of the bible:

http://biblehub.com/parallel/matthew/7-7.htm
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou very much.helpful answer and link.I would like to know who wrote the hymn on these words please.Also do we know the location -when and where spoken.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Working on finding some information on the hymm for your research.

It seems that this was first said at The Sermon on the Mount.

http://www.dragonvet.com/html/hymns/hymn711.htm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Very helpful .Thankyou.Great link.What is it in? please. i.e. Which book ?Which mountain was the geographical site of The Sermon ON the Mount?Does anyone know?thankyou .Best wishes!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
The first link offers where this is found among the various versions of the bible.Matthew 7.7 is where it is often referred to.As for the Sermon on the Mount, the location is not mentioned in scriptures but is thought to have been held on a hill once known as Mt. Eremos.  The hill can be found on the shore of the Galilee known today as the Church of the Beatitudes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou so very much.That is all the information I need,just now. I hope to be as fortunate when asking future questions.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome as I am glad to be of help with your questions. You can always request my assistance when you return to the site. Please feel free to rate my response so that I receive credit for assisting you with your questions.

Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Thankyou .What does &nbsp mean?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I had to research this as I was not aware of its meaning.

Here is a clear and consice answer:

http://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/no_break_space_html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I THINK i partly understand that. HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO USE IT ,WHEN partly unaware of it's meaning?Is the emoticon of Bart Simpson totally irrelevant here? Thankyou.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
It seems that the computer program will use it when it feels that a break is necessary when typing a sentence. Keeps things together when a break would be used.

Here is something that shows examples that may help:

http://www.htmlbasictutor.ca/non-breaking-space.htm
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Does that mean that answers are generated by a computer programme,as has been suggested to me,or by a living person?

Thankyou.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
All questions sent to the website are answered by a live person (such as myself!). What you are seeing with the non break message ( ) is something I believe the website is doing with an answer. There is a space I believe when I type an answer to you when I type so the system seems to put in this code as a space holder I guess. I would ignore it as it is just the way the website is listing my answer to you.

Michael