Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

for Cher Only. Hello Cher , Hope you are well. Looking for

Customer Question

`for Cher Only.` Hello Cher , Hope you are well. Looking for information on what the creature is called near the end of the Film Prometheus. It`s a large Tenticle weelding creature.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks for the request.

I am well and hope you are too!

I'll research this for you and get back to you asap.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks , Look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
No problem and you're most welcome!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hear from you soon.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

Thanks so much for your patience. This was difficult to find, but I think the creature you are referring to is called a 'Trilobite'. Here is more info on the various creatures in Prometheus: CLICK

It seems the Trilobite is the alien embryo that Shaw removes from her infected body and leaves for dead, but at the end, it has grown to an enormous, adult sized tentacled alien creature.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information . I had a look on the internet and found these pictures of the alien. 2pic shows the mouth parts, if it grabbed the guy in pic3 like the guy in 1 pic , How would it feed on the guy in 1st pic .what would be eaten first

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

Thanks for your reply. I will check this out and send your answer shortly.

By the way, how is your back feeling now?

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello cher , look forward to your reply , My back is doing great , Still a bit sore and have to watch how i move and sit , But I am hoping to get back to work on monday . Will need to take it easy for a few weeks and build up the strength in it again.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

I'm glad your back is healing well and you might go back to work on Monday. I know your job requires physical activity, so I hope you don't overdo it! : )

First, the alien would shoot a tentacle down the throat of its prey to kill it/paralyze it, then it would start feeing at the throat. It would work it's way down the body, tearing pieces of flesh randomly from the guy and wouldn't necessarily consume the whole guy, while it moved onto other prey.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

I found more info about this........the tentacled alien would wrap itself around the guy and then enter through his mouth, with the intention of not killing him, but impregnating him. That's how more aliens were propagated.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wow interesting , If while it had it`s tenticle down the guys throat it needed ,some seed to fertilise it`s eggs How would it go about getting ,that fruy in 1ST picture.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ewan,

Great question! It doesn't say in the movie how it goes about doing this, but I would guess
that the alien's tentacle would get into the guys scrotum and remove the seed it needed to fertilize its eggs.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master