Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Hi. I need your advise regarding my career. I have worked in

Hi. I need your advise regarding my career. I have worked in treasury for 7 years and I was in structure credit then moved to trading in different asset classes then I became head of foreign exchange desk. Now I need to move to another level outside treasury but I dont know whats the next step. Is it investment management or what? Since I dont want to trade again.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Understand that your time working as a trader may have run its course and yourself wanting to find that next career growth opportunity. Some suggestions I can offer are below as I went ahead and researched some information on career advancement when someone such as yourself with your knowledge could go next.

1. Contact various investment houses looking for an analysts job as the advantage you've got is you understand markets and how they operate in the business world. Assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments.

2. Corporate finance positions with the various big banks in your area of expertise. A position as a financial manager that develops strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of their organization.

3. Investment banking is something I would agree could lead to a successful career. If not interested in the larger firms, specialized boutiques firms which might be oriented toward work in bond-trading, M&A advisory or technical analysis. Work could also include government as well as capital markets.

4. Other option to possibly consider may be a personal finance adviser, working for yourself and become your own boss and build up your own business.