Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

can breathing on a mirror damage it in anyway like a crack

can breathing on a mirror damage it in anyway like a crack for example?
Category: General
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Joan replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a General Specialist. I did some research and found the breathing on a mirror will not cause a crack or damage. What can cause problems like a break or crack is a mirror can be affected by the moisture and also by excessive expansion and contraction caused by heating and cooling temperatures. Certain cleaners that are acidic or alkaline can also damage a mirror. The key is when cleaning a mirror you use a soft cloth and do not use cleaner on the mirror, but on the cloth and then wipe the mirror. Mirrors have a sliver backing and if it is damaged the mirror can appear to be cracked. I hope this information is helpful. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.