Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

for Anna only Hello Anna , hope you are keeping well ,was

Customer Question

`for Anna only` Hello Anna , hope you are keeping well ,was looking for more detailed information on Komodo dragons ,I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrx-ohT9r1s and wonders if this was a fully grown adult male Komodo dragon if it could eat what i send in the next message in the exact same way. thanks look forward to hearing from you.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

Send me the next message and I'll get back to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks , My scene would go as follows , The young guy/boy in picture is visting some friends on the island of Komodo, they have been swimming and are heading back to their home when they spot a very huge Komodo dragon .

They run to a tree with the huge komodo dragon in hot pursute ,the boys start to climb the tree the native boy get high up into the canopy as his pal follows , His pal looses his grip and falls to the ground Hitting his head on a large stone , knocking him out ,

The huge Komodo dragon then pounces ,and eats him like in youtube film . more detail of how it would eat him.

Many thanks .

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX'll work on it this evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great , Look forward to reading it , will probably be tomorrow before i reply depending on if I am working or not. Thanks again for your great help in advance.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for waiting. A mature male komodo dragon would be capable of consuming the boy in the same manner it did the pig.

So, the boys walk up onto the beach after a nice swim. They are talking and joking, and just enjoying the warm sun on their bodies. They start a little horseplay, as boys often do, swatting each other with towels, running, and shouting.The commotion attracts the attention of a huge komodo dragon lurking in the trees. It sneaks up on the boys, and for some time they don't notice it. It inches closer. suddenly the native boy glances back, and yells, "Run!" They take off toward a tall tree. The island boy scrambles up, but the visitor isn't used to climbing trees and is a bit clumsy. He manages to make it most of the way up , an d his friend reaches a hand down to help, but the boy slips. He crashes down through the tree, and hits the ground hard, his head thumping on a large rock. The dragon sees its opportunity.

The beast grabs the boy by the head and shakes him around a bit. then he swallows, taking the head down into his throat. Again he swings the boy from side to side, swallowing a bit more with each swing. The other boy still in the tree screams frantically , then decides to run for help, since the dragon is occupied with his friend. He shimmies down the tree and heads for home to get his strongest relatives to help. Being fairly young, he doesn't realize it's too late.

By now, the dragon has swallowed the boy's upper body. Because komodo dragons don't chew their food, but simply swallow it chunk by chunk, the dragon doesn't even notice the swim trunks when it gets to them. It does notice that what is under them is more tender and less bony than the upper body was, with more meat. He quickly gulps that part down, then gets to the long bony legs. They are harder to swallow, but gulp by gulp, they go down, until only the feet protrude from the dragon's mouth. A couple more hard swallows and the meal is finished. The komodo dragon wanders off to the forest to rest and digest his meal.

The next morning, the undigested parts, such a s the swim suit, the hair, and the bone particles are regurgitated. The dragon wanders off. Later, the native boy with his father and brothers come across the remains, and know at once what has happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wow ,Totally great answer , Lucky Komodo dragon getting such a good meal .1)Would the boy be facing down or up as the dragon eat him?

2) How long would it have taken the dragon to have swallowed down to the boys waist ?

3) I would imagine that the dragon would pause for a moment to catch it`s breath once it had swallowed the boys upper body ,what would it`s tongue be doing at that point ,what it be licking at?

4) As you said the dragon would not really notice the boys swim trunks , how would it be able to tell that what was inside the front of the swim trunks was more tender and less bony and more meaty?

5)depending on how the boy is laying what part of the dragons mouth would come into contact with the very large looking buldge in the trunks ?

6)How long would it take the dragon to eat the area in the trunks ,and given that the boy is not dead but knocked out ,could he possible feel it eating it ?

7) once it had finished eating the boy hole ,and wandered off to rest /sleep while it digested the meal,were would digestion start first.would the boys small blue swim trunks hinder /slow down the digestion of the ample size flesh in them ?

8) From the info you give , the Dragon will digest all of what it can of the boy in about a day ,will the swim trunks still be hole given that they had been swallowe intact , will the other boy and his father and brothers be able to pick them out of the pile of vomitus ?

Once again thanks for your great help.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

1)Would the boy be facing down or up as the dragon eat him?

Probably face up.

Given that you wanted him eaten like the dragon ate the pig, only a few minutes.

Actually, because its mouth would still be stuffed with the boy's body, it probably would just have its tongue still under the buttocks.

Because it will give more in his mouth than did the upper body with the skull, ribs, etc....

The upper part of the dragon's mouth.

Even if the boy woke up at some point, by the time the dragon got to this part, the boy would be in shock.

No, the digestive juices would soak through and the flesh would be quickly digested.

Yes, they would be whole and recognizable. They would probably be faded.

Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the fabulous answers, they were great.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome!