Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

For Anna Only Hello Anna , many thanks for your help with

Customer Question

`For Anna Only` Hello Anna , many thanks for your help with last scene. Now looking to the next installment ,which will involve a very large snake, if you are interested let me know and i will supply the info . many thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ewan. I am interested in doing your question. I don't get notified when you only place my name on the question, but if you'll request me as well, I'll receive a notification.

Please do send the additional information.Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna , Thanks for responding .My ideas for this scene are as follows , the mad scientist captures this guy and takes him back to his lab , There he has a huge constrictor snake , Either Anaconda or Boa constrictor in a large enclosure that he has fitted with cameras and an exray/scanner machine . He drugs the guy and injects him with a radioactive isotope , thats harmless but can show up all the flesh and bone etc in an exray scanner .He places the guys body in with the huge snake and waits to see what the snake does , and then monitors its digestive process on the exray scanner .Look forward to reading your possible scenario . Many thanks .

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
This one is pretty complex, and I want to take some time to think it through, and find a good way to express it. I'll go to work on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks , look forward to hearing from you when you are ready .

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for waiting.

A huge anaconda is coiled in a corner in the enclosure. when the scientist places the unconscious young man in the enclosure, the snake slithers over and flicks it tongue to catch the scent. but the snake prefers moving food, so it doesn’t begin eating. After a couple of hours, the drugs begin to wear off. The guy moans and moves a little. This catches the anaconda’s interest. The mad scientist watches from outside.

The anaconda strikes, grabbing the guy’s midsection. Then the snake coils around the young man and constricts. As the snake coils more tightly, it squeezes the breath out of the guy, and he dies. The anaconda drops him, and choose the head to start. It draws the head into its mouth and starts to swallow. The snakes powerful muscles quickly pull the head into its throat. Outside the snake, the scientist sees the guy’s body up to his shoulders. On the x-ray, he sees the head pulled down into the oesophagus. Once there, peristalsis begins, pulling the body in farther. With each gulp, more of the body goes in. It is compressed as it goes into the oesophagus. In just a few minutes the snake has the top half of the body in its digestive system. Now the scientist, enthralled with his own work, sees the lower half of the guy’s body protruding from the snake’s mouth. He sees the bulge in the snake’s neck where the upper half has filled the oesophagus. On the x-ray, he can see the body is a bit flattened by the snake’s powerful muscles. The snake’s peristalsis also causes the guy’s spine to develop s- shaped curves, making it easier to swallow. The snake stops to rest for a few minutes. The scientist waits in suspense to see what is next. Finally the snake takes another big gulp, drawing in the body up to the guy’s shorts. On the x-ray, the head enters the snake’s stomach, while the rest of the upper body is still in the oesophagus. As the snake swallows again, what’s in the shorts is forced to bulge even more because of the pressure, then it all disappears into the snake’s mouth. the legs quickly follow. Now their is a lump in the snake’s body from its neck to its stomach. It continues to swallow. On the x-ray, the scientist watches as the rest of the man’s body inches into the snake’s large stomach. The body is still whole, but with some areas flattened as they were swallowed. When the feet move into the snake’s stomach, the snake stops. It will need to keep the body in its stomach to be digested over the next 5 days. It slithers to the warm basking area provided by the scientist, and settles in on large warm rock. The heat will help it with the digestive process.

The scientist checks back every few hours to see what has happened on the x-rays. The snake’s stomach acids work from the outside of the body in. The entire body appears to be shrinking hour by hour. The face, the flesh of the arms and legs, and the genitals disappear within the first two days. Then the remaining muscle goes. By day 3, all the scientist sees is a skeleton. The powerful digestive juices even go to work on the bones, dissolving them to provide the snake with the calcium it needs. Watching the snake from the outside, it seems to be a lazy beast, just lying there in the warm light. But on the x-rays, the scientist can see how hard the snake’s body is actually working. The ribs and nose bones disappear first. On days four and five, the arm and leg bones, the hip bones, and finally the skull all dissolve. The products of the digestive process, including the guy’s shorts, now move into the snake’s intestines. There are also a few clumps of hair, clumps of muscle, and some wet powdery substance left from bones. The scientist continues to watch as the snake’s intestines remove the all the nutrients and liquids. The amount of material becomes smaller and smaller. On the sixth day, the snake passes its droppings. The shorts and some hair are all that is recognizable. The snake crawls off its basking rock and over to its pool, where it enters for a long, rehydrating soak. Soon it will be watching for the scientist to provide the next meal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wow , totally fantastic scene ,Brilliant ,fabulous ,totally loved it .

1) what would the scientist be thinking as he watches the snake start to swallow the guys shorts and whats inside.

2)Would the shorts and whats in them be vissable on the exrays .would the scientist see it being disolved if he recorded the digestion on his large computer system.

3) Once the snake goes back to it`s resting place ,the scientist recovers the snakes droppings to examine them in more detail ,How large might they be.

4) Once he starts to examine the droppings what all will he find in them .

Thanks again for the fantastic reply .

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, and thank you for the compliments.

Well, I suppose it would depend on what sort of person the scientist is. We know he's mad. He may have chosen this guy because he was well-endowed, and he just might be thinking, "That'll teach him," or "Not so hot, now, are you?" Or, if his thoughts go in a different way, he might become aroused by what he sees.

Yes, if his machine were complex and gave detailed pictures (I assume it does), but it would happen in the first few hours.

There would be several gallons. Here is what they would look like in general:

graphic

They would look like the photo above, except the hairs in them would be the color of the guy's hair, and the shorts would also be visible, though faded.

Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.