Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
61840635
Type Your Question Here...

In regard to meeting agendas and minutes, please can someone

In regard to meeting agendas and minutes, please can someone explain to me how 'Matters Arising' and 'Any other business' should be itemised on an agenda and then reported on within the minutes. Thanks if you can enlighten me.
Category: General
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can find someone to help me with this question - that would be great. Thanks.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Patience replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

My name is***** and I am happy to give you answer to your question. (See below.) I hope you find this useful to your needs. Please be sure to rate my response, so that I can be credited for my work. Then feel free to ask any follow up questions needed at no further charge.

There are a lot of different ways to do things, depending on the meeting type, formality, and the inclinations of the members of the meeting. For a good basic format, try going to the following link:

http://knowledgenet.carmichaelcentre.ie/articles/set-agendas-and-take-effective-board-meeting-minutes#sthash.2GO5Z6mO.dpuf

In brief, you can list “Matters arising not covered elsewhere on agenda” as an agenda item coming right after the Reading of the minutes.” However, keep in mind that this item should cover only minor points and information updates based on items and associated tasks from the last meeting. It should be given only a brief amount of time, such as 10 minutes or so. If extended discussion on any of these items is necessary, it should be covered later on as a full agenda item.

The following is a sample of a separate, more in-depth “Matters Arising” report, which might be helpful if there is a long backlog or there are very complex issues to be covered:

http://multimedia.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/committee/ukfhrsmay1401.pdf

“Any other business” can be listed under that title or as “Additions to the agenda” for the last agenda item before scheduling the next meeting and ending. Meeting minutes should not attempt to be a full record of the meeting, rather they should present the main discussion points and the decisions covered. Therefore, both of the items you have mentioned should not be handled as separate topics. Instead, they should be put under “Business” in the minutes and reported together with any decision or discussion that occurred.

For more information on parliamentary procedure for meetings, you can check out: http://www.parlipro.org/index.html

Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wonderful. Thank you for explaining that and providing the links.