Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something
Experience:  about everything
24118
Type Your Question Here...

Is there a legal requirement for a person to get their eyes

Is there a legal requirement for a person to get their eyes tested ie... every two years? I have just rang my opticians to reorder my contact lenses and they have told me I cannot get any until I have an eye test. Is that legal for them to refuse my contact prescription until I have another eye test?
Category: General
Expert:  Karel1 replied 3 years ago.
Yes when it comes to order contact lenses, in order to get them the prescription must be within the year , otherwise you need to get your eyes tested again. This also is for insurance purposes as well. For glasses without insurance it usually is every 3 yrs to get eyes checked however when one gets older of course yearly would be the best. But when it comes to any prescription itself be it for contact lenses or eyeglass lenses one needs a prescription that is within the year that we are in to be refilled.