Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

What do I do about my friend I mentioned in my last question

What do I do about my 'friend' I mentioned in my last question to you? I have had to cancel my holiday, I had agreed to go on with my partner (her brother-in-law), as I don't have enough holiday remaining, but also my friendship has broken down with her and my partner. My partner insisted on paying for it, but cannot have a full refund now.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that things have broken down between everyone involved here. It is of course never too late to mend whatever caused the friendship to break down as sitting down with all parties and explain what has happend and see if things can be patched up. If your friend is a good person as I am sure they are, then things could be patched up.

In terms of the monitary issue, see if something can be worked out in terms of payment as money can always get in the way of repairing friendships.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But, I will get the backlash from her as she always interferes with everything. I thought friends were meant to be supportive of one another. It is not up to her to interfere with me and my partner (her brother in law). I don't think my partner (ex), should have hassled me into agreeing to me going on holiday with him, when I'd only just met him.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are very correct that good friends should support each other and offer advise when necessary. Hard to look in the past and say what you should have done and not done so best thing might be to sit down at a good time and go over things that bother you and try to clear up any issues that need to be resolved. If money is the issue, then see if something can be worked out. If money though is not the problem because of the holiday being cancelled, then wait and let things calm down before discussing any issues that need to be addressed.