Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

16 months ago, i.e May 2013, I was victim of

Customer Question

16 months ago, i.e May 2013, I was victim of theft at Algeria's airport. My suitcase was opened and earrings stolen. When I reached home here in London, I discovered the lock was broken and the 18carrats earrings stolen. The two locks (not a padlock) were covered with Algerian airlines stickers saying "Security Checked". That what made me think that Air-Algerie luggage handling staff were behind the theft. I then wrote to Air-Algerie's Chief Executive. I subsequently received an email saying they will thoroughly investigate it and they promised a response. 11 month later I received no answer. I wrote again. They then said their rules and procedures require them to provide an answer within 3 months from the date I complained. They went on to add that my file was re-transmitted to their litigation department and I shall receive an answer soon after their investigations complete. No response so far. Their Agency is at Baker street. However, I bought my ticket online, not through this Agency. The cost of the earring is about £500 and the cost of my suitcase was £150. What can I do to get back my loss ? Thanks

Category: General
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do not cancel the question, I'd like an answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So it seems none of the experts is familiar with my issue ?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I have not had feedback on this question but it may be that Algerian law is involved, and we do not have any Experts in that category.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the Algérian law which is involved.

I'm very sorry but we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer, and issue a refund.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please do not ask me again whether I'd like to close my question. The question your experts ought to ask themselves is what would have they done if they were in my shoes ?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I will transfer this question to General for you now as there may be an internet researcher in that category who can find your answer.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dunno whether you read my answer to the same question posed by Nicola ? It appears though you are not taking "no" as an answer. But rather you just want me to say "close the question". Why should I close this question ?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.
I read your answer.

We're instructed to reply to every question every 24 hours, if there's been no expert/professional reply.

I can leave this open and not reply again, but I can't honestly see this question being picked up by an expert, as it requires someone with a specific set of experience/skills.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Did you want me to keep this question open for you?

OR refund your deposit?