Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

'for Anna only'Hello Anna ,Hope you are well .was wondering

Customer Question

`for Anna only`Hello Anna ,Hope you are well .was wondering if you would be interested in a scene and Q+A about the maneaters of Tsavo .if you are let me know and i will send details, many thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ewan. I am fine; hope you are, too. Yes, please do send the details. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna thanks for responding .glad to hear you are well i and fine thanks for asking.

My Scene /story is based on the 2 maneating lions of Tsavo.But in a more modern situation. Alarge group of young people male and female are on a hiking /driving safari throu the area that the 2 maneaters are prowling around . The 2 guys in picture get seperated from the main group and set up camp for the night , they make a fire and set up their tent . they sleep as you see them in sleeping bags , and it is once they are asleep that the to maneaters attack , and take both guys back to their den . this is were your help is needed , many thanks for your time .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, Ewan. All of your questions, including this one, have been locked. I couldn't access any of them. Barring any more complications of that kind, I 'll post your scene in several hours. I'm away from my computer right now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna , Yea had a few problems again, some how my account had been disabled/deleted,Some one i phoned said that there had been problems with the main site, Contacted one of the admin opps staff that i have delt with before and he managed to get thinks sorted out again . Look forward to hearing from you , bye for now.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
The two young men have had a long day, and quickly fall into sound sleep in their sleeping bags. Off in the tall grass, the lions catch the scent of prey and begin slinking in. They stalk closer and closer. Then one of them accidentally crunches some brush. The guys startle awake and sit up. One of them catches the sight of green eyes staring at them. One of them screams, “Run!” They struggle to get out of their sleeping bags. The one without a shirt manages to get out and takes off as fast as he can. The lions realize they have been seen, and go into pursuit instead of stalking mode. One chases after the running guy. The other young man barely manages to crawl out of his sleeping bag, when the second lion bats him across the backside (This is how lions often knock down their prey), and he crashes back tot he ground. The lion grabs the guy’s throat in his jaws and crushes the windpipe. the young man didn’t even have time to panic - it was over so quickly.

The first lion quickly gains on the running guy. A quick swipe across the buttocks and the young man goes down. He howls in pain. His shorts are shredded and he bleeds profusely, but he tries to kick and hit the lion. He’s no match for the huge beast. The lion grasps him by his neck and severs the spine.

The other lion is now dragging his kill toward his friend. When he catches up, they both take their prey and carry it back to the lair. Once there, they eat in typical lion fashion. They use sharp claws to tear open the front of the bodies. The first things they eat are the hearts, lungs, kidneys, and liver. They then move on to the fleshier parts, consuming the genitals, along with the muscle from the buttocks and thighs. They eat rapidly, barely chewing or tasting their food, gorging themselves on this feast. Once they are full, they slow down their eating. The gnaw on some of the bones to get the last titbits of meat off. They chew on and tongue to clothing to get the blood out, then spit out the tattered material. When they are finished, they haul the parts they don’t want outside of their lair. Lions don’t generally eat heads, so the heads and some of the large bones are dragged outside. Later on, hyenas and other scavengers will finish off these scraps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna , once again thanks for the great scene . Would each lion eat it`s own kill or would they share one then go to the next one.

2) with guy no1 ,the lion brings him down with a blow to his buttocks tearing the shorts ,I take it that the shorts are still on the guy as he is dragged back to the lions den ?

3) I take it that the lion feeding on the1st guy will just grab the front of what remains of his blue shorts and rip them off ,and when it starts to eat what was inside ,given how fast its eating it will probable swallow his entire genitals in one go ?

4) the 2nd guy is wearing a bit more ,in that he has a T shirt on how the lion remove that and his tight white shorts ?

5)Would the lions lick around the area of the genitals to try and remove any body hair from that part ?

6) If the lions were finally chaced back to thair den an killed , what would any one find in and around the den , would thay be able to identify what it was and who it came from.

many thanks again for your help and great answers .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Anna not sure what has happened . I logged out and when i came back it had closed the question, hopefully this will reopen it , thanks

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
It finally opened again.

Would each lion eat it`s own kill or would they share one then go to the next one.

It could go either way, but since they each killed and dragged one back to the lair, the probably would eat their own. Lions don't really like to share.

Yes.

More than likely it will. They eat very fast.

The lion would most likely not remove the clothes, but would tear them, and then eat around and under them.

Tiger do that, but lions usually just eat smaller amounts, and eat around and under larger amounts of hair.

They'd find skulls -possibly with hair on them- and large bones, and pieces of clothes.It would be easy to identify these as human remins. If peopel from the guy's tourist group found them, they may recocgnize the clothes.