Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

'for Anna only' Hello Anna hope you are well ,was wondering

Customer Question

`for Anna only` Hello Anna hope you are well ,was wondering if you would be interested in an other scene based on the really old version of Mysterious island . If you are interested let me know and i will send the details. many thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ewan. I am fine and hope you are, too. Yes, I am interested. Please do send teh details. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna,Thanks for responding , doing ok trying to get over a cold but doing ok.

My scene is as follows, Like in the normal Mysterious island films/books we have a group of entrepid travellers that find themselves stranded on the mysterious island . They have managed to set up a reasonable camp with some defences against any unwanted enemies. One guy goes out to collect some fish for their dinner , He has had a succesful day having caught 2 large fish . He is on his way back when he walks over what appears to be a strange rock .The rock move under him and to his horror it turns out to be a giant crab , The guy jumps to the ground and starts to run, but the huge creature grabs him in it`s claws . He screams for help ,Some of his fellow traveller come and try and help him . but the crab just slips back into the water and heads over to a large cave that they can see in the distance with the guy still held in it`s grip.,How would the crab deal with the guy . ((I know we have used this guy before but he fits the bill for the charachter .)) Look forward to hearing from you .

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I hope you're feeling better by now.
I'll go to work on the scene.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks look forward to reading story/scene . still got the cold ,hopefuly it will start to ease off soon.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
A common cold can make us miserable. I hope it clears up soon.
The guy throws his fish and starts running as soon as he realizes the rock is not a rock at all. The crab grabs him in a giant pincer. The guy's friends pick up rocks and try to beat the crab, but the shell is too hard. The crab turns and drags the guy into the water. Normally, crabs scavenge, but this one is hungry, and it knows, that once in the water, the young man can quickly be turned into dead food. As they enter the water, the guy struggles. He can't believe this fantastic adventure has so quickly turned into such a horrifying nightmare. He shouts for help and his bravest friend swims out. But now the water is deep, and the crab dives. The friend can't follow, and he watches helplessly as all that remains in his sight are the bubbles from his drowning friend's lungs.
The guy being pulled under tries to hold his breath, but he just can't do it any longer. He loses consciousness. By the time the crab drags him into his underwater cave, the guy is dead. The crab drops the body and looks it over. It knows the clothing on the guy is not edible. The crab uses his adept pincers to peel off the goggles and straps. It clasps the waistband of the shorts and pulls them off, using both claws to shimmy them down. Then, as crabs do, it begins to rip off strips of flesh. The crab tears off long strips of muscle from the arms and legs, swallowing each strip as it does so. When the limbs are nothing but bare bone, the crab next pulls of the genitals along with some abdominal muscle. The crab notices this area is softer and fattier than the lean muscle of the limbs. It swallows this morsel, then goes to work on the buttocks, one strip of flesh at a time. After that, the crab looks over what is left to see if anything else is worth eating. The remains are too bony to be worthwhile. The crab drags the carcass out if it's cave, then it buries itself in the sand to digest the meal.
Outside the cave, an army of small scavenger crabs descends on what is left. In the same manner, but on a smaller scale, they pull of strips of muscle from the ribs,face, fingers and toes. Then they, too, bury themselves in the sand to digest the feast.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wow incredible scene,Did not imagine it going that way ,what a fantastic scene .

I did not think that the crab would have been dexterous enough to actually remove the guy`s shorts to get at the tasty meat beneath.

I take it that the crab would have used its large claws to remove the guy`s ample sized genitals and lift them to its mouth for eating.

How long would it take the large crab and the smaller ones to pick the guys body clean ,what would be left,

If his friends managed to get a cross to were the crab lived while it was away on another food hunting expedition, what all would they be able to recover of their friend.

Many thanks for your great work.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

I took some liberties with that, since the crab already was not realistic. Crabs are scavengers and it wouldn't have killed the guy. Since we made the crab a man killer, I made him have dexterouse claws.

Yes, it used its claws to shred the meat off the body and its pincers to transfer the food to its mouth.

For the large crab, about an hour. A horde of small crabs would descend and clean up the leftovers in 10 - 15 minutes. Bones, teeth, and hair would be left.

His clothes, a skeleton, and his hair.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna , once more thanks for your answers , great information, and yes it does make the scene /story a lot more interesting when some Liberties are taken. People would not expect that sort of thing from a crab , Once again thanks for the great work.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome!