You're welcome, as always. Thanksgiving here is this coming Thursday. That's very thoughtful of you - thank you. now for your questions:
1) would they explore his body first deciding if he was going to be good enough to eat?
I worked on the assumption that the apes are intelligent, and given all the explorers who disappeared, had eaten humans before. So they would know he was good to eat. But they probably would have smelled him and perhaps squeezed various parts to determine how much meat was on him.
2) given that to start with it`s the male apes doing the most of the work ,would they explore the guys very tight black shorts ?
If it were the first time they had captured a human, yes. If not the first time, though, they would be familiar with various types of human clothing, so would not be too curious about the shorts.
3) what would they think of the size of the guys genitals even throu the tight material of the shorts?
They would notice they were larger than what they had seen in previous humans, and would be curious to see them.
4) would they just pull the shorts off ,what will they think once they see whats inside for real out of the shorts.
Yes, they would take off the shorts in the quickest way - they have removed human clothing before. When they saw what was inside, they would be rather amazed, and would talk among themselves in their own language, wondering if they had caught some sort of alpha male human.
5) would any of them explore the short more , sniff and lick at them inside and out to see if they were edable.
They would know that clothing isn't edible. However, the female who was very interested and was driven away by her mate, might find the shorts later, and sniff and lick them. She seemed to have an interest in the guy for purposes other than cooking him for dinner.
6) what will happen to the short once they have done ?
When they cleaned up their hideout, they'd probably throw the shorts in the fire. But, if that curious female got to them first, she might hide them in the woods to keep as a souvenir.