Hi again, Ewan!
1) Would Maurice sniff and lick at the guy’s bare chest, arms and neck tasting each area as he remembered the name?
Yes, Maurice would want to sniff and lick at the guy's bare chest, arms and neck, as he remembered the names of the areas the guy had explained to him. Even though he speaks, he is not a human and still has an animal instinct about him.
2) Maurice would run his hands over the flesh covered by the shorts, could Maurice get his hand inside them.
No, he woudn't be able to get his hand inside the shorts, as they are too tight and he doesn't know how to undo the button/zipper.
3) What would Maurice think of what he finds inside?
He wouldn't be able to get inside, as I mentioned, but he would be interested in the area inside and the feel of it.
4) Would Maurice be able to remove they guys shorts, if yes how?
Even though he couldn't undo the button/zipper, he would try to slip off the guy's shorts without undoing those and since the guy is so thin, Maurice would be able to do that, eventually.
5) Would Maurice explore the area that had been in the shorts more, if so what might he do?
Yes, he would explore the area that the shorts had been covering and he would want to first sniff (as animals do) and then taste this area, as he had never seen anything like it before.
6) If the guy were to wake when Maurice is exploring that area what would he be best to do, and how might he react to Maurice`s touch?
If the guy were to wake up at that time, he would feel it would be best to allow Maurice to continue exploring and not stop him, for fear of insulting/angering him, and then getting hurt. He would like the feel of Maurice's touch and would understand that he means him no harm and is just trying to be friendly with him, so this might be good for communication between the warring apes and human colony.