Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

'for Anna only'Hello Anna hope you had a good Xmas , i had

Customer Question

`for Anna only`Hello Anna hope you had a good Xmas , i had a good one. was wondering if you would be interested in a new scene for the movie/s alligator . If you are interested let me know and i will send the details , Many thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ewan. Glad you had a good christmas. I did , too. Yes, I'm interested in doing the scene, so please send the details.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna, Glad you had a good Xmas.

The scene goes like this, Young child got a baby alligator for a pet, but soon it started to quickly outgrow its glass case, and the parents flushed the Alligator down the toilet into the sewer.

The conditions there were ideal for the alligator and it eat mice and rats to start with working up to stray dog’s .But soon the Alligators appetite grew greater and it needed large food.

The guy in the picture decides that given it’s a nice warm day he will go to the beach for a swim and then sun bathe. He knows a quiet location away from the main tourist areas. But the area is also near to a large water outlet for the Swears and the flood overflow pipes and also gives the now huge Alligator access to a new food. and thus it`s contact with the guy. It comes out the pipe sees the guy grabs him and takes him back to its den in a large open area of the sewage system. This is where your help and expertise is needed. Many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I'll go to work on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks look forward to hearing from you when you have the scene done , Thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
I did a little reading on how alligators hunt and kill, and based the scene on what I learned. They do it quite differently from crocodiles.

The guy is sunbathing, almost asleep, as the warmth relaxes him. The alligator slips through the pipe and gets closer. The beast knows it has to act fast and surprise the guy, since a human can easily outrun an alligator. The gator bides its time. Finally the guy’s eyes close and his body completely relaxes. The alligator walks ashore, grabs him around the middle. It closes its jaws tightly. It's too hungry to risk the young man getting away. The guy screams with surprise and pain. It takes a minute for him to realize what has happened. The gator is carrying him back to the pipe when he remembers what to do. He uses his fingers to stab toward the beast’s eyes, but can’t quite reach them. He struggles and tries over an d over because he knows his only chance of escape is to hit the alligator in the eye, hard.

The animal wades back into the pipe, the frantic guy still yelling and struggling. As the water deepens, the gator swims, and when they exit the pipe and reach water about 10 feet deep, the alligator dives. The guy tries to hold his breath, but the gator goes into the death roll - turning over and over in the water, waiting for his prey to drown or die from loss of blood. The last thing the guy sees before losing consciousness is his own blood swirling in the water. The alligator continues the roll until it is sure the prey is dead.

Now it needs a safe place to position the body for swallowing so it can consume the meal. It carries the guy back to its watery lair. Alligators don’t have the ripping and chewing ability of a croc. Instead, they are able to open their mouths very wide and swallow prey whole. The gator drops the body in his lair and studies it to decide where to start. Then it grabs the guy’s head, and gulps it in. The head enters the gator’s gullet easily, but the shoulders take a little more effort. The beast swallows hard several time. Finally the shoulders and chest go down. The midsection slides in easily. The texture of the guy’s swim trunks irritates the alligator, but with a couple of quick throat movements, that section is also swallowed. Only the legs remain. The alligator’s belly feels nice and full after being hungry for so long. It gulps down the legs, then swallows a few more times for good measure.

The alligator surfaces to find a sunny spot to bask. The warmth will help digest the meal. It settles onto a huge rock near the water’s surface and falls asleep.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna. Once more a fantastic scene, I must admit that I thought Crocodiles and alligators fed in the same way interesting to know that there is a difference.

1) Will the alligator swallow the guy face up or down?

2) How long will it take the Alligator to swallow the guy’s body?

3) Would the alligator be able to tell from the taste that the meal it was eating was male or female?

4) Would it notice a difference in what it was eating in the swim trunks from the rest of the meal?

5) Once it has swallowed the guy Hole and it is basking in the sun to start digesting the meal. What parts of the guy will be digested first?

6) What happen to the guys swim trunks and what’s in them?

7) How long will it take the Alligator to digest the guy’s body?

8) What will be left after digestion is completed, how will it get rid of anything it can`t digest.

Many thanks for your great help with the scene truly awesome.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

Probably face up - it would go down more smoothly.

About 15 minutes.

No. An alligator's taste buds aren't that developed.

The trunks would give it a different texture as it was swallowed. The alligator wouldn't like that texture, but since the trunks would be wet, it would be easy for him to simply swallow. As for what was inside, to an alligator, it would just be more meat.

Muslce and fat would be easiest to digest and would go first. That would include the private parts, which are mostly fatty tissue.

What's in them would be quickly digested. The trunks themselves would deteriorate from the stomach acids, but would be passed out in the gator's droppings.

A few days.

It will be passed out in feces. Hair and the swim trunks would be visible in the droppings.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna, once more great answers, absolutely brilliant thank you very much.

I am sure the Alligator really enjoyed its meal even although the guys swim trunks were a bit hard to swallow and slightly unpalatable, I am sure the meal it got out of them was more than enough compensation. Better that than a fully clothed human.

Would the Alligator have any trouble passing the swim trunks , would the trunks be stretched out in the poo or just all bunched up .would there possibly be anything left of the guy inside the swim trunks that would help in the identification of who had been wearing them.

Once again thank you so much for your great help.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

Usually, when an animal consumes material, it becomes stretched out while traveling through the intestines, so that is most likely what would happen. The trunks woulkd not interfere with the digestion of what was inside them, so nothing would be left. The trunks themselves may help in identification, if someone knew what he had been wearing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anna , Happy New year to you , and all the best for 2015.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Wishing you a great 2015, too. Happy New Year!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you,No need to reply, thanks.