Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
61840635
Type Your Question Here...

What are the dynamics of iron metabolism by the human body?

Customer Question

What are the dynamics of iron metabolism by the human body? More specifically I would like to know of the amount of time it takes for the ingested iron to make its way into serum, and the amount of time the accumulated iron would affect transferrin saturation. Would it take hours or rather days for an increase in transferrin saturation to occur (an increase of over 10%)? What levels of transferrin saturation are indicative of iron overload and from what level is this dangerous and likely to cause cardiac events? Same for serum.
Finally, and most importantly, how much time would it take for transferrin saturation to return to normal from around 70%? How dynamic is the iron storage of transferrin?
Please always quote scientific source.
Category: General
Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Natasha :

hello

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

sorry for the rating was not intentional

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

please let me know if you can answer the question in detail

Dr. Natasha :

this is a homework question.

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

homework for you. for me I need the answer for personal reasons

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

well yes

JACUSTOMER-mvxu3bnb- :

just let me know if you can answer please

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
This seems like a homework question and unfortunately we do not have a Homework category on the UK site. I will however change the category to General to see if anybody there can answer your question.
Alternatively you can re-post your question on the US site, where they do have a Homework category and a variety of Professionals.
Expert:  Patience replied 2 years ago.
I can help with this. Please let me know if it is still needed, Also, give due date and length of response needed.

Thanks, ***** *****