Mr. Wilson
Mr. Wilson, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

A person born in Goa but married in Mumbai with the marriage

A person born in Goa but married in Mumbai with the marriage registered in Mumbai with Nationality Indian and Residence in Mumbai as indicated in the marriage certificate does he fall under Communion of Assets under Goa Family Law.
Email: *****@******.***
Category: General
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Goa, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Went thru the text of your Email, I think it is a good idea to refer it to the

legal internet researcher and the take it from there. Great if you could proceed accordingly.

However would appreciate an early response.

Rajan

I will transfer this to General for you now.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will wait, really would like to know what is the status .

Rajan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

09 February 2015 11:45 (GMT+6)

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Mr. Wilson replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

Sorry about the delay on this issue.

Yes, as long as it was registered than it falls under the communion of assets.

"The Portuguese civil code recognize that every Goan marries under a system called Communion of Assets, whereby from the time of the marriage the spouse acquires half undivided rights in the assets of the other. The Muslim law as per the Sharia is not valid in Goa"

For more information on the topic, feel free to visit:

https://statutory-law.knoji.com/statutory-lawthe-portuguese-civil-code-of-1867-is-valid-in-goa-and-the-sharia-takes-a-back-seat/

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.
Mr. Wilson, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration