Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Tourism: we are in London now, from New York. We want to go

Customer Question

Tourism: we are in London now, from New York. We want to go to queens accession gun salute at the Tower tomorrow. I can't find any info on how best to see it. Tickets needed? What time to arrive? Tower closing for event? Things like that. Any help? Thanks! Shelby
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Michael :

I was able to locate information provided on the website listing information from the official royal historic site:

These special commemorative firings take place on the Gun Park located on the Wharf. You do not need a Tower ticket to watch them as they can be viewed on Tower Hill, however closer views will be available inside the Tower for ticket holders.

Please note the Wharf will close at least an hour before the gun salutes and there will be no access to the parts of the Wharf during the set up and duration of the gun salutes.

There may be more salutes but are dependent on whether state visits are planned.

Gun salutes take place at 13.00 and are 62 rounds unless otherwise stated.

Friday 6 February - Accession of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to the throne

- See more at: http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/VisitUs/Closures-notices#sthash.40HbWW7e.dpuf

Michael :

http://www.hrp.org.uk/TowerOfLondon/VisitUs/Closures-notices

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.