Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I am electric chairbound disabled by stroke and need an occasional

Customer Question

I am electric chairbound disabled by stroke and need an occasional driver living in North West London for my conveniently adapted Volkswagen Caddy at £100 a day or pro rata plus meals.
This is proving easier said than done - suit a retired lady or gent but how to go about it?
Category: General
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Of course I will continue to wait for an answer. How to find such a person or persons has not at all been easy. Uber the taxi contact firm will not help. Other firms provide drivers for occasions such as weddings at exorbitant rates. I could be looking for driver/companions and it may help to know that I spent half my working life as a senior member of HM Diplomatic Service and the latter half in business in Bond St. This might make things easier to find a companion who would be willing to drive a disabled person occasionally.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am most grateful

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keep trying - too early to give up

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.
I can understand how important it is to find someone who can assist you in getting daily commuting done and can count on someone who will be there on-time and within your budget.
Spent the evening looking for services that have been checked out by associations that monitor agencies such as these. Here are some suggestions to consider and follow-up with:
1. http://www.c-and-l.com/companion
2. http://www.happyhomechildcare.co.uk/Clients-ElderlyCare/index.aspx
3. http://www.homecare.co.uk/homecare/agency.cfm/id/65432186435