3. What is the response of cells in the collecting tubules in the nephrons when antidiuretic hormone (ADH) is secreted?
A. Serum potassium retention increases.
B. Water is reabsorbed from the urinary filtrate.
C. The tubules become impermeable to water.
D. Large quantities of dilute urine are formed.
4. What structure is responsible for normal respiratory functioning?
D. Medulla Oblongata
5. A client has a large pituitary tumor. The nurse knows that this tumor exists in which part of the body?
C. Abdomen D. Extremities
6. Which structure produces B-lymphocytes?
A. Bone marrow.
B. Beta cell.
C. Bowman's capsule.
D. Basal ganglion.
7. The mitral valve is located between which two structures?
A. Left ventricle and aorta.
B. Right ventricle and right atrium.
C. Left ventricle and left atrium.
D. Right ventricle and pulmonary artery.
8. Which muscle is included in the quadriceps femoris groups?
A. Vastus lateralis.
D. Rectus abdominis.
9.How many days is the average menstrual cycle?
10. The calcaneus is located in what part of the body?
11. What is the definition of chyme?
A. Calculation of calories burned.
B. The result of action by the stomach.
C. A seasoning that should be avoided by diabetics.
D. Musical tones denoting the hour on a clock.
12. Which parts of the tongue’s taste buds detect a sweet sensation?
13. When assessing a female client who describes herself as a strict vegetarian, the nurse notes that she has an unusual skin color. The nurse should ask the client if she has eaten large amounts of
A. rice and eggs
B. turnips and beets
C. spinach and mustard greens.
D. carrots and squash
14. Tissue repair is enhanced by a diet high in?
15. The buttock is on which surface of the body?
16. What are hormones?
A. Chemical messengers in the body.
B. Cellular parts of vascular system.
C. The residue of digestion.
D. A part of the DNA double helix.
17. Which hormone is produced by the posterior pituitary gland?
C. Luteinizing hormone (LH)
D. Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
18. What occurs when the sympathetic nervous system is stimulated? Increased
A. Cardiac Output
B. Gastrointestinal activity
C. Pancreatic activity.
D. uterine activity
19. Which structure provides a pulse reading in the neck?
A. Brachiocephalic artery.
B. Carotid artery
C. Basilar artery
D. Subclavian artery
20. Which structure is located in the upper airways?
21. Which gland is commonly known as the "Master gland?"
22. Which structure produces T-lymphocytes?
23. The rough endoplasmic reticulum functions in human cells to?
A. Synthesize amino acids and transport products through the cells.
B. store, combine, and package different products within the cell.
C. produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
D. create phospholipids, steroids, and fats
24. Which structure regulates the transport of substances in and out of a cell?
A. The nuclear membrane
B. The cell wall
C. The cell membrane
D. The cell's cytoplasm
25. A person who has damage to their ulnar nerve will have decrease sensation in which area?
26. The esophagus is located in which body cavity?
27. Which is a hollow organ?
D. Gall bladder
28. Which female reproductive organ(s) produce oocytes, estrogen, and progesterone?
A. Fallopian tubes
29. The tympanic membrane is located between which structures?
A. The retina and the sclera
B. The lung's pleural cavity and the visceral pleura
C. The pericardium and the myocardium
D. The external auditory canal and the middle ear
30. The urinary system in the human body is primarily tasked with which function?