Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

'' Anna, thanks great help with

Customer Question

`For Anna only`
Hello Anna, thanks for the great help with last story Scene .was of great help. Would you be interested in another scene involving a large alligator , I know we have covered something like this before , but it`s just a fill in while I research some more ideas for scenes and story’s , Let me know if you are interested and I will send the details.
Many thanks in advance.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Ewan. Yes, please do send the details for the alligator scene. It may be similar to the others, but we'll find a way to make it a little different.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna.

Thanks for accepting the new scene story. The plot is as follows.

A family are on a boating holiday in the Everglades National Park. The weather is great and they are having a great time on their boat. What they don`t Know is a huge 5.31 m (17.4 ft.)alligator has been stalking them waiting it`s chance to attack and feed.

The family decides to anchor up for the day and enjoy the very sunny and warm weather.

The young boy decides to sunbath on the edge of the boat, just wearing his cotton Adidas sprinter shorts. The huge alligator see`s this and speeds in and bumps the boat, Knocking the boy into the water, and grabs him. His family try to get him out of the water but it`s too late the Alligator has got him and swims off with its meal.

This is where your great skills come in again, how will the Alligator feed and deal with the boy as its meal.

Many thanks again for your great help.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I don't have ideas off the top of my head to make this different from the other alligator scenes, but I'll start thinking and see what I can cone up with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna , thanks for the update , I am sure you will come up with something awesome. Thanks again.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ewan. I just wanted to update you. I've been researching alligator behavior to try to find something that would fit in with this scenario and make it a bit different than the previous alligator scenes. I finally have an idea and will write the scene today. I appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna, thanks for the update , look forward to reading your scene/story once it is ready, thanks again.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
The boy flails and screams as the alligator swims off with him. On the boat, his family screams, too. The father turns the boat around and rams it into the gator, in hopes it will release his son. The beast holds on tighter and snow down in the water. It rolls and rolls as it drops down. The boy can't help but breathe in water, and loses consciousness. The alligator reaches the bottom. It holds the boy there until it is certain he is dead. The meal is ready. But this one isn't to be for her alone. Grasping the boy in her jaws, she swims to some shallow water. Hidden in the water plants, eight little alligators hide. She drags the boy to them, and holds him firmly in place. Her babies use there sharp little teeth to rip off bites of flesh from the boy's arms, legs, and face. One of them bites into the cotton shirts, but doesn't like the feel, so it lets go, and tears off a piece of thigh meat.
The gators don't know it, but they have attracted the attention of something sinister on the soggy land above. A huge Burmese Python watches. The Python wants the boy. He drops into the water and grasps the boy's neck in his hinged jaws. The mother alligator is furious. She releases her prey and snaps her teeth on the snake's neck. The snake is as big as she is, and the two fight furiously. Both are bleeding. Their blood swirls through the water. The alligator is getting the better of the snake, so the snake backs off. The alligator watches. The boy's body rests on the swamp bottom. Suddenly, the snake grabs a baby alligator and quickly swallows it whole. Then it heads for land. The mother alligator goes after him. She climbs onto the land, and slices into the snake's midsection, breaking its spine. The snake writhes for a moment and then is still. The gator considers eating it, but remembers the more tempting meal in the swamp. She wades back in the water.
The babies have retreated to the safety of the lush growth of reeds. When their mother approaches, they come back out to finish feeding. The big gator holds the prey still so the little ones can easily tear off pieces. She needs the rest after her fight. When they are all satisfied, they hide in their safe spot. Now the adult can feed. She releases her grip and draws the boy's head into her mouth. She begins to swallow, and the neck and shoulders are drawn in. She gulps a few times, and the boy's shoulders, the widest part of his body, start down her throat. She swallows hard and they go down. Peristalsis takes over and the body is pulled farther into her digestive system. She feels a difference in texture as the cotton shirts go down. The material and the fatty feel of what is in them are foreign to her, but after noticing the difference, that part of the body slips in, too. The legs quickly follow. The gator's powerful digestive juices are already at work. With the meal down, she joins her babies to rest for a little while. Then they all climb ashore to bask in the sun and digest the satisfying meal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna. What can I say, it was worth the wait. Love the conflict between the snake and the alligator trying to feed its babies, and the end result of the battle.

Sad that one of the babied got eaten, but that’s nature.

1) The baby alligators would not have been able to eat a great deal of the boy’s body?

2) Could a real alligator of the size mentioned actually eat the boy hole?

3) Would she eat him face up or down?

4) How long it take her to swallow down his body?

5) Do alligators produce saliva, or would it just be the water that covers the meal that helps lubricate it for swallowing?

6) How tightly would the alligator’s throat /oesophagus grip the body once it started to swallow the boy?

7) How long might it take the mother Alligator to swallow the guy’s body?

8) If she eats the boy face down would she be able to feel, and get a taste of his private parts thru the cotton shorts?

9) Once she has finished swallowing him, he will be still whole in her stomach, before digestion starts?

10) You said in an earlier scene that digestion will start straight away, will this increase once she finds a sunny place to sleep and digest her meal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure what happened but the question had been closed.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what happened, either. I couldn't get into the question this morning, but it seems to be
They would have eaten quite a bit of the arm and leg flesh.
The boy looks quite slender, and the alligator is huge, so it's very possible it could.
3) Would she eat him face up or down?
Face down.
About 20 minutes.
I'll check on this and get back to you.
Very tightly. The muscles are strong.
About 20 minutes.
She would feel them, more than taste them.
Yes, he would.
Yes. The warmth of the sun causes her body processes to speed up.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I meant to place the 'I'll Che k on it' comment next to #5' the one about saliva. The answer is that, yes, they do produce it. That means digestion begins as soon as the food enters the mouth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna.

Thanks for the reply to my questions, great information.

1) When the alligator is basking in the sun how long will it take for it to reach the best temperature for digestion to reach optimum speed?

2) Given that the boy was swallowed whole , how will the digestion take place, most alligators/ crocodiles stomachs churn there food ,would it still be able to do this with the whole boy inside?

3) Given the tight nature of the boys cotton sprinter shorts and he looks to have large private parts how would the alligator digest them?

4) What will happen to the black cotton sprinter shorts?

Many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

It will depend somewhat on the temperature of the air, but after about an hour in the sun, the system will be working well.

The digestive juices will dissolve the skin, fat, and muscles first. This happens fairly quickly. Then the stomach will be able to churn. Prior to that the stomach's churning will move the body, but not actually churn it.

The shorts are cotton, which is all natural. The strong stomach acids will be able to dissolve them. The private parts are skin, fat, and blood. Those are the easiest substances to digest, so the stomach acids will just dissolve them.

They will be gone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna. Once more great answers to my questions.

1) How long it take the Alligator to digest the boy?

2) How long it takes to digest the boy’s cotton sprinter shorts, would they be digested before the boy’s private parts?

3) Given how efficient the alligator’s digestion of the guy is, would there be many remains for it to pass out as waste?

Thanks again for your wonderful help. You might have noticed that the payment is much higher than normal, this was due to a glitch when sending the first part of the question, it somehow multiplied the amount by 4, given this I will not add a bonus, not to say that your scene and answers are not worth the larger amount that is. Many thanks.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

If alligators don't digest their food quickly, it rots in their stomach and causes illness. Everything but the bones would probably be digested within 24 hours. The bones don't rot, and because they are hard, that will take longer.

The private parts consist of skin, fat, and blood. Those are among the easiest foods for a gator to digest, so they would be gone first.

Yes, because there are always waste products from which no nutrients can be extracted by the digestive system. The shorts for example, would be dissolved by the strong stomach acids, but wouldn't offer many nutrients. The same is true of hair, the contents of the boy's intestines, etc.. These things would all be passed out as part of normal crocodile droppings. There would be nothing identifiable in them.

Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.