Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
61965098
Type Your Question Here...

I took out a large loan. We have found out it had ppi on the

I took out a large loan. We have found out it had ppi on the loan. I fell very poorly and my critical illness paid out. I used this to then pay off my loan. How do I go about fighting this. Because if there was a ppi on my loan shouldn't that of paid my loan.
Category: General
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Sijad H. : Hi and thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist. Yes the PPI you had on the loan should have been used to pay off the remainder. However, I believe it is up to the consumer to file the claim for the money. If you have your policy still handy, read through the fine print and make sure your illness is covered under the PPI.
Sijad H. : the company servicing the PPI isn't going to know when you suffer an illness so it would be your responsibility to make the claim when the injury happens. Refer to your policy or PPI information to find out the statue of limitations if there are any.
Customer:

Thank you . Will look into it.

Sijad H. : If you have any follow up questions, or if I wasn't clear with what I typed, please let me know and I will gladly re-address it. Good luck and I will be on standby if you need anything else.
Customer:

I didn't know I had ppi. The loan company asked me how I was going to pay off the loan. I said "with my critical illness I've had paid out" .

Sijad H. : Ok. You need to find out who the PPI was through. If it was the bank that offered then you need to contact them and see if you can still file a claim.
Customer:

Sijad H. : No problem. Please take a moment to rate my service. If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to ask.
Customer:

Will do. Thank you.

Sijad H. : You are welcome!