Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

ƆƆ, Anna, I was wondering if you would

Customer Question

`For Anna only`
Hello Anna, I was wondering if you would be interested in another scene/story involving a very large tiger shark. If you are interested, please let me know and I will send you more details, many thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ewan. Yes, that sounds so note resting. Please do send more details. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna, thanks for accepting the challenge once again. I am looking for new creatures and animals that we might be able to use in future scenes, but till then I would like information on a huge hungry Tiger shark.

The Boy in picture is on holiday, and decides that he will go for a swim/bogie boarding early in the morning. He gets up and grabs his board, dresses as in picture and heads down to the beach.

Even although it is early the water is warm enough for him to go into the sea without a wet suit, Hence the way he is dressed. He swims out, and enjoys the freedom of the ocean; soon the huge Hungry Tiger shark senses his presence and homes in on him, lining him up as food. This is where you’re great skills now come into play, describing what happens next.

Many thanks for your continued help and assistance.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
T,hank you. I'll go to work on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna , came onto the site and swa that you had answered the question , clicked on read answer and there was no answer to the scene/story , could you try reposting it thanks.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
There have been so many of these strange bugs lately. I didn't keep a copy, so will have to start over. I'll try to do it today. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
The boy is in the water, enjoying the sun and the unusual warmth of the morning sea. His mind drifts off and he doesn't pay much attention to his surroundings. The boy has no idea that something huge and ominous is stalking him from below. The tiger shark moves slowly up and down in the water. He misses nothing in his surroundings, and the shape he sees above looks like food to him. He bides his time, waiting for the right moment.
Suddenly, off to the left, the shark sees movement. A manta ray. Never one to miss an opportunity, the shark darts in and snaps up the ray. He chomps a couple of times and swallows it. But this was nothing more than an appetizer to him. He is hungrier than ever, and turns his attention the prey floating above.
The shark moves in slowly, silently. Now! He snaps his jaws around the middle of his prey. But there's something strange about the feel. It's the boogie board. The boy grimaces in pain as the shark's powerful jaws crush his ribs. The shark releases his grip and the boy falls off his board. The shark catches the scent of blood wafting through the water. He strikes again, tearing off the boy's leg. The boy tries to struggle to the surface, but he's losing blood fast. He's too weak to swim, but he keeps trying. While the boy tries vainly to swim, the shark rips the removed leg into two bites and eats it.
The shark waits just below where the boy struggles. The beast knows from experience that his prey will quickly bleed to death. Then he can eat. The boy barely moves for a few minutes, then he hangs limply in the water. The shark moves back in. He begins ms a mad feeding frenzy, ripping off arms and other leg and consuming them rapidly. He doesn't even know what he's eating. He just shreds flesh and bone and chomps a few times, then swallows. He tears the body into pieces, and eats each chunk as it comes off. When he grabs a mouthful of shorts, he barely notices the different texture or what's inside them. He swims jerkily through the blood-swirled water, snapping up all the morsels of flesh that came off as he tore at the body. Finally, nothing is left but the blood in the water. Even it begins to dissipate into the ocean. The shark flips his tail, then swims off, hunting for more to eat.
On the beach, the boy's family notices that his board is floating and he is missing. They panic and call for help, but it's far too late.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna.

Thanks for your great scene/story, Yes there have been a few glitches and bugs on the site lately.

1) When the shark feed on the boy would there be much left after it has finished feeding, for the rescuers to find?

2) When it starts to feed on the boy’s brief red shorts, what all will it eat in that mouthful?

3) If the shark was large enough, could it swallow all of the small red shorts and what was in them in a few gulps?

4) I would imagine the shark will not need to eat for some time after it eats the boy?

5) How long would the rescuers /searchers have to find and catch the shark before any trace of the boy would be gone?

6) Is there any way they could catch the shark alive and pump out it`s stomach to see if it had eaten the boy, if so what all will they find if it was caught 24 to36 hours after the attack?

Once more thank you very much for your great help.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I will need to do some research on tiger shark digestion to be able to answer these. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello anna thats fine look forward to hearing from you . thanks again

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

No, there wouldn't. A smaller shark would proabbly leave the ehad, but this one is big enough and with big enough jaws to eat everything.

Due to the shark's size, probably everything in one bite - shorts, private parts, buttocks.

Yes, it would take them in its mouth, chomp a couple times, then gulp a few times.

They usually feed twice a week, so it will probably need another meal in 3-4 days.

By the time the meal went through the stomach and intestines 3 nor 4 days. However, what woudl be left of him at the end of that time period would just be mush. DNA testing would identify human remains.

Bones and mushy stuff that might be identfiable as human remains. If not, DNA testing woudl prove it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Anna.

Once more great answers, thank you once more for your great help.

1) I was amazed when you said that the shark would be ready to feed again so quickly. It must have a very good digestive system?

2) The shark must have been able to digest the boy’s body pretty rapidly?

3) We know that the shark will be able to digest everything that was in the red trunks, with the bones taking a bit longer, what about the trunks themselves.

4) Given how quick the shark was able to digest the boy’s body would, given that the boys red trunks are pretty small, would they be able to pass into the intestine and work their way out in the sharks poo?

Once again thanks for your wonderful help.

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Yes, they have very powerful stomach acids. Most sharks eat twice a week.

Yes, 3 to 4 days. Larger bones may be regurgitated if not digested by then. That enables the shark to feed again.

If made of synthetic materials, they will not be digested. the shark would either regurgitate them or pass them out in poo.

They probably would, yes.

Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience: Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.