Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Cher ,hope you are well ,Was wondering

Customer Question

`for Cher only ` hello Cher ,hope you are well ,Was wondering if you would like to do another scene/story .if you would let me know and i will send you the information, many thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks for requesting me.

Things are well here, and I hope the same holds true for you!

I'm so sorry; I didn't receive notification of your request earlier, and just came upon your question.

Please send details of the scene/story. Thanks!

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Cher, glad to hear you are well I am doing great.

My scene is based on the film the deep .a Peter Benchley film /novel.

The guy in the picture and his girlfriend are hunting treasure on sunken galleons. The guy goes down to one wreck looking for gold.

He enters the wreck but does not know that there is a giant Moray eel lurking. Normally Moray eels would not attack humans let alone feed on one, but this eel is a monster. It has eaten most of the other prey in the area so sees the guy as just another meal.

When the guy gets to close it lunges out at him and grabs him around the face , clamping it`s huge jaws around his throat and mouth ,So that he can`t breathe , he struggles for all he can, but under water the eel is more powerful and drags him back into its lair .

How will the moray eel feed, how much could it eat at one go.

Many thanks I Look forward to hearing from you, as always take what time you need, many thanks in advance.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks for your reply with helpful information.

Glad all is well with you!

I'll look this over and send you the scene asap. Thanks for the time leeway and your patience, as it might take me a while! : )

Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. The site made some changes, my computer didn't like them, and I was overloaded with questions. I truly appreciate your patience and will send you an answer later today or tomorrow.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

The monster moray eel will first start feeding where he grabbed the guy, around the face and neck. He will bite/gnaw the flesh off the face and throat and then move down to the chest and arms. After that, he will be full, so he will take a rest and fully consume the guy in parts, allowing his body to digest what he's eaten, after each bit. He will continue to move down the guy's body and take gashing bites out of his flesh with his many razor-sharp teeth. The ell will not eat any of the scuba gear or clothing, he will just be interested in the flesh/meat and will spit anything else out. This will take about 4-5 days in total, and then, the moray eel will not have to feed for a while, because he ate such a big meal.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Cher. Many thanks for the scene /information. As always I don`t mind waiting for an answer as I know that other things crop up , that need to be dealt with first.

1) I would imagine that the guy would be a pretty big meal for the eel even a giant eel?

2) When the eel feeds on the guy’s chest area covered by the scuba gear, would the eel be able to tear it off whole?

3) Once it starts to work its way down the body eating the chest, then stomach area, would there be a cavity formed at the stomach leading down to the pelvis, could it possibly push its head into the area covered in the tight orange swim trunks and feed on what’s in there that way?

4) Or how else might the eel feed on the area in the tight orange swim trunks?

5) Would it be able to swallow down all of what’s in the front of the swim suit whole and in one go?

6) You say it will take 4 to 5 days for it to finish feeding. How long might it take the eel to eat and digest what had been in the trunks?

7) If another diver were to come exploring the wreck 7 to 8 days later, what might they find in the area of the eels lair?

Many thanks once more for your great help

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and you're most welcome.

Your patience is always appreciated! : )

Yes, definitely. Even though the eel is quite large, a whole human man would be quite a big meal for it.

As we know, the eel has many razor-sharp teeth, however, it would pull and tug at the scuba gear and not get it off whole, but in pieces; it would only take a few tries to free the scuba gear from the guy's body.

It would start ripping at the area covered in the tight orange swim trunks and shred the trunks with it's teeth which would free them and they would float off.

After the trunks are shredded/removed, the eel would grab chunks of flesh from this area, with his sharp teeth. OR, the eel may just bite through the trunks, but spit out the material of the trunks OR he might ingest the trunks and won't have a problem digesting them due to the thinness of the material.

Yes, it would, having such a large mouth and those sharp teeth.

Well, yes, as I mentioned, it would take about 4-5 days to finish feeding; if m ight take the eel a few minutes to eat what was in the trunks and digest it within a day.

Another diver might find remnants of a skeleton (bones) from the guy and other remnants of other humans the eel had eaten.

-------------------------------

I hope this helped!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks so much for your excellent rating and most generous bonus; they are highly appreciated!

Warmest wishes,
Cher