Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Cher , Hope you are keeping ok , would

Customer Question

`for Cher only` Hello Cher , Hope you are keeping ok , would you be interested in another story scene . If you are let me know and i will send you the details . Many thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan!

How are you? I hope all is well!

Yes, please send me details of the story/scene.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Cher, I am doing great thanks for asking, sorry for delay in replying, it`s a holiday weekend herein the Uk so been busy with other things. Onto the scene /story.

The story scene will be based on the TV series Terra nova, here is a brief plot summary.

Centres on the Shannon’s, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization

The humans that have gone back in time have set up colonies with large security fences and defences against the prehistoric animals that live there.

The guys in the pictures provided are sent out to hunt for food and explore the area to find useful resources for the new inhabitants of the prehistoric earth. They set off and are soon deep in the wild landscape of the prehistoric earth, when they encounter one of the planets less friendly creatures a huge male T rex. What I need is information on how the T rex will react and deal with, these intruders into its world.

Many thanks for your help look forward to hearing from you, please as always take what time you need.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and thanks for your reply.

No problem re: the delay. It's a holiday weekend for us, too! Laughing

I'm going to read over the info you sent and then will need a while to send your answer with the story/scene.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

The T-Rex was certainly a carnivore, and did hunt and eat meat. It would sometimes, eat the 'left-overs' of an already dead carcass killed by another dinosaur, but it was a hunter and did hunt prey by sniffing out meat. The T-Rex had big olfactory 'bulbs' in it's brain, which made it easier to sniff out prey. It would mainly hunt at night and eat small mammals and even other, smaller dinosaurs.

When the men went hunting and encountered the giant T-Rex, it attacked them and they tried to defend themselves with their spears and other crude instruments they had fashioned for protetion; however, the T-Rex was too big and strong for them to defeat. Fortunately for them, as the hunting party was trying to fend off this montrous dinosaur, three were able to get away, but they could not save the fourth man, Tom, who was already picked up and in the T-Rex's jaws.

Due to the dimensions of the T-Rex's skull, thought to be about 5 feet in length, it could not swallow a human whole, due to the intrusion of spinal bones inside, to help support the gigantic head, making the airway and esophagus about 1.5 feet wide. However, it would have to take bites of most of the human's body and crush/chew the bones along with the meat, in order to swallow it, but this would only take a few bites.

It would probably eat the clothing (pants) as well, but spit out the big boots.

The next time a hunting team went out, they would arm themselves better and also try to avoid any T-Rex's they saw approaching.

I hope this helped!

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Cher, Many thanks for the great scenario .a very interesting read.

What made you choose Tom as the one to get eaten?

1) How and where would the T rex have grabbed Tom?

2) When feeding on him would it is able to eat him whole or need to break his body down into smaller parts to eat?

3) How many parts would there be and what would they consist of?

4) you said it would eat Tom`s skin tight black pants, would they still cover the flesh/meat .will they still be intact?

5) how would it remove the boots, would Tom`s lower legs still be inside them?

6) Would Tom’s pants be easy for the T rex to swallow?

7) How long it take the T rex to eat Tom?

8) How long will it take the T rex to Digest what it eat of Tom, what about the black pants.

9) Would anything from Tom`s body or his tight black pants not be digested and be visible in the T rex`s droppings, would it be recognisable as have belonged to Tom?

Many thanks once again for your brilliant help.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan and you're most welcome.

Please allow me a little time to get these additional answers to you.

Thanks,
Cher : )
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply , please take what time you need , look forward to reading your answers

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, Ewan and I appreciate your patience, as usual! Laughing
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan!

Here are the answers to your questions:

--He's wearing the least clothes--just the (leather?) pants and boots.

--He would have grabbed him from the head/neck.

--No, he would not eat him whole, but break his body down into smaller parts to eat.

--There would be three parts: the head and chest, the belly to the upper thighs, then the remainder of the legs/feet.

--Yes, it would eat the skin tight black pants and the flesh at the same time.

--It would chew through the boots so they would fall off and then eat the lower legs/feet.

--Yes, the pants would not present a problem in being swallowed.

--It would not take a long time. This monstrous T-Rex is an eating machine; probably about 20-30 minutes.

--It would take about a day to digest Tom, and the black pants would come out in shreds in the poo.

--I covered part of this in my last answer. Nothing, except some shreds of the black pants would be recognizable as having belonged to Tom. Everything would be digested and the T-Rex's droppings would look the same as usual, with the addition of the shredded pants.

---------------------------------------------

I hope this helped!

Warmest regards,

Cher