I don't know why, either, but it's open again now. Very strange.
1) When the snake swallows the guy, will he be coated in saliva as he is swallowed down, this will be the start of digestion?
Yes, saliva is the first step in digestion, and snakes produce plenty of it. It also helps the food slide down more smoothly.
2) How fast will the digestion take and how long till the guy is completely digested?
It would take about 4 to 6 days.
3) What will happen to his snorkel?
It will pass through undigested. The snake is so huge that it will not harm him.
4) What will happen to his diving vest and equipment?
It will also pass through undigested.
5) The guys small swim trunks look as if they are made from the same material as a wet suit. What will happen to them?
They, too, will pass through the snake. All of these things may be somewhat damaged and faded by the stomach acids, but all are indigestible.
6) How will the digestive juices get into the area covered by the wetsuit trunks?
The juices will start on the exposed skin. As those body parts are digested to mush, the juices move farther into the body. Little by little they work their way under the trunks which aren't digestible.
7) What will be happening inside the wetsuit trunks?
The digestive juices will probably work their way in from the thighs and the stomach. As the move through the body, the acid will eat away at the skin first, then the fatty areas, such a s the private parts, then muscle, such as the buttocks. Bones will be the last thing to be digested.
8) What will be left after the giant snake has finished digesting the guy?
His clothing. Nothing else would be identifiable. There would just be ordinary snake droppings.