Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

I've had a Mediterranean tortoise named Freddie years

Customer Question

I've had a Mediterranean tortoise named Freddie for 43 years and his age now is 57. The weather in Scotland this year is like winter and Freddie hasn't had a chance to start eating or getting about the garden because of the wintry weather. I'm very concerned about his welfare as he is mostly in his box in the garage. When I put him out in the garden the weather changes drastically and have to put him back in his box. I was thinking about buying an acrylic cloche for him for outdoors but don't know what to do. I'm frightened he goes back into hibernation. Each year for the past 5 years I've taken him to the vet for an injection to help him through our winters. Can you please help me in what to do if the weather doesn't improve as regards ***** ***** Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special inteest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.
How big is Freddie?
Do you have a UVB or Mercury vapor light set up for him in the house?
Do have a basking bulb?
When you say a box, do you have a tortoise table?
Diet?
Supplements?
Joan