Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Masters Level Educator,Tutor 35+ yrs.; Author, Senior Internet Researcher, Trivia Master
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

What sort of person is ESOTERIC and how do you deal with them

What sort of person is ESOTERIC and how do you deal with them ???
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome!My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help with your question. Esoteric means "understood by only a chosen few". An esoteric person would have select interests shared by few others and would speak in big or rarely used words, that would typically go over the heads of the people s/he converses with. This person would dress in styles different from the norm and drop odd references in his/her jokes that most likely, no one would understand.Dealing with such a person is difficult, if you don't think or express yourself in the same way; however, if you are close enough with the person to let them know, privately, that what he's saying is a little too 'over the top' and perhaps he would be understood by others better if he tried to use less complicated language when communicating, he would make the effort.If such a person became offended or didn't think he was being 'esoteric,' and this person was a good friend or relative, I would not broach the subject again. Some people are not willing to change for the sake of ease of communication with others and some people would be willing to at least give it a try. I hope this helped! Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to ask for any clarification.Warmest regards,Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Interesting reply that someone can be in such a "world" but not in the world of others who value friendship in so many ways

YES folk are folk , but a friend who can try to be advisory to be of "help" IS a true friend .

My thanks for YOUR insight into this subject .

Nick .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Nick and you're most welcome!

I'm glad I could be of help.

You're right; it IS interesting that a person can live in such a 'world,' but not recognize the needs or value of friendship of a person who is not the way they are or think the way they think. Absolutely--folk are folk and I guess that's what makes the world go 'round. True friends are sometimes few and far between, but we definitely know it when we've found one or some!

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning Cher .

WE must also be on a same wavelength with your reply to MY reply . Maybe the world could be a better place , it would be through TRUE friendship for all ????

My thanks for your reply .

Nick

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, Nick and you're most welcome!

Yes, I think we ARE on the same wavelength!

I agree that the world would be a better place if true friendship existed for everyone. Maybe one day, this will become a reality! Laughing

It would be greatly appreciated if you could please take a moment to rate my answer to you, as that is the only way I am recognized by the site for my assistance. Rating will incur no additional charge to you. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There you GO , Have sent "my" rating for your advice Cher ,

May you too enjoy true friendship as well .

Nick

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Nick.

Thanks very much for your excellent service rating; it is truly appreciated!

Also, thank you for your wish to enjoy true friendship; it IS integral to our lives! Laughing

Please don't hesitate to request me by name for any future questions. Just begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will answer as soon as possible. Thanks!

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Cher ONLY , then ?????

Is there any subject that you do NOT cover being in your profession ??? or is just a case being a scholar of the university of Life ???

Enjoy the school "break" .

Nick .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Nick! You're a funny guy! : ) I definitely AM a scholar of the university of Life! : ) Thanks for your best wishes! Warmest regards,Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BET you say that to "ALL" the boys >>>>>

Keep on learning from life and its challenges .

From

Mr " Fun" Guy . ( Yeah right >>> )

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Nick.

Oh yeah, I say it to all the boys and that's what keeps them buzzing around! lol

But, seriously, I HAVE been learning from life and all its challenges, and, believe me, I've been challenged a lot! It's the only way you can keep going. If you can't learn from all your experiences, you only keep repeating the same mistakes, so that's a great attitude.

I do think you're a 'fun' and 'funny' guy! Laughing

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IF that IS the "case" , may I suggest that you change your name to HONEY . ?????

Thanks for your "kind" assessment of me ( Mr Fun Guy )

Mr Funny Guy .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
LOL "Honey!" See? This is why you're a fun and funny guy! You make me laugh!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well HONEY .

Glad to make you laugh and have a smile doing so .

JUST make VERY sure all the "other" boys do the same OK .

Mr Funguy

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I will be sure to do that! Laughing

I have to sign offline now and I hope you have a wonderful evening, Nick! You're very sweet!

"Honey"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BEE good . HONEY .

Mr FUNGUY

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
LOL Oh, I always am good, Mr. Funguy! Laughing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BEE sure that you are as the week-end starts now .

Mr Funguy .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
LOL Don't worry; I will BEE sure, due to the weekend starting! Laughing

You're hysterical! lol
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I`m WHAT ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I cann`t hear YOU laughing .

Did you misspell that ????????????????????????

as in "historical " you youngster you .

Mr Funguy .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I'M laughing.......didn't see my lol and Laughing??

You flatter me; I'm not such a youngster, though! lol
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your smile in your pic shows how cute you are and cute for your age too HONEY .

Mr Funguy .

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Oh, you're too kind, Mr. Funguy! Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BEEing good this week-end ??? Hope so .

Mr Funguy

p.s

If not why NOT .