Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

Is there anything I can use to stop my only male

Hi, Is there anything I can use to stop my only male tortoise getting amorous with my 3 females. If I separate them he won't eat. I won't be hibernating them this year as I have a large conservatory and I've got it sorted out with basking lights, UV and
heating the 3 girls are OK it's just FRED is the problem I have tried putting him into a vivarium but he just keeps knocking on the glass until I take him out. Here's hoping Many thanks Oenwen
Category: General
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I expect an answer to my question as the payment has left my bank account. If no one can help with my question please can I have a refund.
Oenwen jones
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Oenwen,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue. Male tortoises during breeding season are almost impossible to stop if in with females. You can separate them but even if you do with the females in the house he will still be aggressive even with you. You can try shortening the light cycle and cooling the temps down which may do the trick, if you can fool him into thinking the season has gone into winter. You can also give him a stuffed animal which may help him take his amorous motions on the stuffed tortoise rather than the females or you. To be honest there is no sure fire way of stopping it and this will be trial and error as long as they are housed together or even near each other.Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.