Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I've just noticed a hole in my bearded dragons tail and

Hi. I've just noticed a hole in my bearded dragons tail and on closer inspection i would say that a morio worm has done it. Not sure if it is still in there or not but is there anything that can be done to make sure it isn't? Thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.It is possible a worm has bitten the tail or if you are using locust or crickets. Generally I will not feed morio worms to a dragon. The outer shell is to hard to digest and they are not nutritious. I suggest for a dragon the age of Draco to feed 80% veggies like Escarole dandelion greens, collard greens, Mustard greens, Rocket greens and butter nut squash and 20% live prey like locust, crickets, silk worms, and Phoenix worms. This is a much better diet. Now to treat the tail please dilute some Betadine with warm water and clean the tail. You can apply some mauka honey to the tail. it is remarkable for healing. injuries like this. The key will be to keep it clean with the Betadine and then the honey for healing. You will need to watch the tail does not get red or the area gets worse. If it does it may require a Herp Vet visit. Please let me know if you need a Herp Vet and I will try to locate some for you. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service Positive or 5 stars.Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.